The demo for ENCHAIN is finally LIVE for Windows PC on Steam with three areas for you to explore, just in time for Halloween! See for yourself what this retro-inspired "hack-and-hook" platformer has to offer.
I’ve worked super hard to build this game for the past two (almost three) years, so I am super excited to have it finally go up on Steam and Itch! This is my treat to FPS and Souls-like fans who love sequence breaking as much as I do. See how quickly you can beat the demo and share! Let me know what you think, and what I can improve for the full release planned for 2021.
About ENCHAIN: Control a lantern hook wielding skeleton to attack, grapple, and gib the undead into the air while jumping, kicking, and diving around a decaying, interlinked underworld. While normally you would just shoot your way out of hell, the stubborn bones of these undead can only be put to rest through some convincing force (i.e. literally throwing them into walls to break them open). Think Quake crossed with Super Smash Bros. and a handful of Hollow Knight.
Now, this isn't what ENCHAIN was planned to be all along. When I started making the game for Ludum Dare back in 2017, I was mostly going for a Quake clone with a grapple hook. Since then, the game has expanded quite a bit, as seen in the comparison below:
- First three areas that introduce most of the core mechanics, i.e. grapples and swings.
- Battle with a mix of aggressive projectile-based enemy types that keep you on your toes.
- Master a layered moveset including slides, dives, air kicks, kick jumps, wall runs, and wall jumps.
- Carefully track your progress with souls-like checkpoints between dangers.
- Collect key pieces in platforming and combat challenges to unlock doors and explore the world through whatever path you can find.
Prepare to escape the afterlife. Play ENCHAIN demo now!
The Chaingun sounds like the Pulse Rifle in Aliens!
Wow never thought about that!
Are you being sarcastic here or am I really the first to point that out to you? :P
Lol no sarcasm, you are the first indeed. I'd better look to the Aliens sound design to make the chaingun sound cooler
Do not feel like you have to! I doubt James Cameron is going to sue you over this. :P
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.