We have been hard at work growing our community and making it possible for you to be able to play together. John and Roman, our developers, have been hard at work coding for multiplayer and for the first time today we've released a video of a multiplayer test. You can watch it here:
Kevin, our resident artist, has created some concept art showing another exciting feature we will be adding next year; FLIGHT! Here is some concept art for the saddle as well as a new creature we will also be adding, a beetle.
Saddle attachment to life block.
Flying while riding a beetle.
Here is a small patch we released last Friday. This build focuses primarily on improving creature building. We are gearing up for multiplayer and adventure mode so this is a smaller patch.
CHKN DEMO v0.0.4 NOTES
- Creatures are more observant of their environment. They will no longer walk into objects or get stuck in fences.
- Faces now come alive and preview before placing eyes and mouths.
- You asked, we delivered. Block rotation has been added. Hit the interact button (E) to rotate a block while previewing its placement.
- Limbs can now be placed properly on the bottom of creatures.
- Helicopter neck among other neck related bugs have been fixed.
As always, we enjoy your user made content and suggestions so please, keep sending us stuff! We love watching Let's Play videos, hearing suggestions and feedback, and watching you guys have a blast playing CHKN.