Hi Sailors, welcome to our first post of the year! Today is all about a new year and new looks!
This build is now available to all our testers and it comes with a completely new main menu. We have moved away from our placeholder menu to a more robust and welcoming screen. These changes are almost all technical as we haven't done much work on the looks of this screen. We will talk about some of the most important changes below:
In-game friend list
Players can now seamlessly view and interact with their friend’s list from inside the game. You can now create parties, invite players, accept invites and join other players parties without the need to get out of the game.
We want our players to get together and interact as easily as possible.
Parties and Matchmaking
Previously the game used an old form of private lobbies (through server and clients) and some form of matchmaking. Players could not search for matches using private lobbies nor players searching for matches could join private matches.
Following some trends of games like DOTA and CS:GO, our new systems works as follow:
- Players create parties by inviting other players to play together.
- All players in a party can invite other players and any other friend can join that party. -
- The player who created a party is set as the party leader and can kick anyone and give the party leader to any other player.
- The party leader can set the party to either private or public.
- A private party will start a match with only the players in the party
- A public match will enter the matchmaking queue searching for a valid match.
Main menu upcoming features
Once again, this is our first iteration on our menu screen so most of its looks are subject to change. With that aside, these are some of the future features you could expect:
- Party chat.
- Friends chat.
- Be able to see who’s in a party and with who they are with.
- Be able to merge parties.
Once again, you can check the complete changelog on our Discord
That's all for now guys. You can support the development of our game and gain access to Alpha builds by becoming a Patron. See you next time!