Firstly, a new demo version 0.472 is available for download here.
Secondly... Wishlist the game on Steam
This will be the last gameplay update in a while. After this, I'm shifting gears and focusing on story elements. A lot of these and previous gameplay changes were necessary to move forward.
You can now harvest wheat, grind the grains into flour, draw water from a well, add water to flour to form dough and bake bread!
The world is now a more interactive. Almost any small object in the game can now be moved, put into your inventory or sold etc. They also now show at correct depths and are not limited by grid placement.
Previously these objects were just static background decorations.
Due to a lack of foresight on my part when I first started this game, I had to manually realign every single one of these items in the game...
I've given some of the very early sprites a facelift. I think you will agree that is is a big improvement. I am particularly happy with the blacksmith grindstone. I remember creating the original sprite years ago... My thought process was something like "F*** it... that will do for now..."
I've also added a millstone for grinding wheat into flour.
Previously, adding items to containers in the world was a giant pain in the ass. I've now developed a way to add them easily. It doesn't effect the player experience, but makes things a lot easier for me. I've added some books in the bookcase in Test Town for your reading pleasure.
- Developed way for world containers to store items easily
- Fixed alignment of item slot sprites in prep for the item changes
- Anvils had a facelift
- Fixed tree top depth
- Changed all deco items to movable
- Adjusted deco items collision masks
- Empty buckets can now be filled with water via a well
- Filled buckets can be thrown onto NPC
- Filled bucket can be used on flour to make dough
- Dough can be used on oven to make bread
- Added well bucket lowering animation
- Removed 16x16 grid item movement limitation
- Removed deco item 16x16 depth limitation
- Fixed deco item flickering depth issue
- Added surface tops to furniture to place items on top of
- Fixed deco item depth not showing correctly when next to other items
- Added millstones
- Added wheat bushel
- Wheat can now be harvested
- Added Harvest SFX
- Added Millstone SFX
- Added flour pile object
- Stepping in poop now makes a sound
- Facelift for ovens
- Facelift for fireplace
- Cutscenes added to save game data
Thanks everyone for your continued support!