Not too long ago we submitted CHKN to Steam Greenlight. No one had ever heard of us before. Since that day, over 400 YouTubers have made Let's Play videos on CHKN, totaling a whopping 13 million views across all that amazing and crazy media. Jacksepticeye, Pewdiepie, Matt Shea, Squeezie, Smosh Games and more, spanning 56 countries across the globe! Over 70,000 people have downloaded the demo and we have gained such valuable feedback as well as followers. We could not be more thankful and excited.
Now we are about to launch a new mode that will change how you play CHKN;
Everyone knows what adventure mode is; exploration, survival, open worlds and environments. But what makes CHKN Adventure Mode different than the rest? Now the creatures aren't just for fun. They are essential to your survival.
- It's getting dark and you need shelter but you have no tools. Tell your creature to break rocks or cut down trees so you can build a shelter!
- You have found a vast desert and you can't make it on your own. Craft a saddle and ride your creature to the other side!
- In a dangerous environment you want your creature to protect you. Search for eggs to break open and find stronger lifeblocks to upgrade your creature.
This opens up worlds of possibility (literally). Adventure Mode will not be available until early next year as part of our Early Access release. It is important to remember that this will be an Early Access game. There will be bugs. The game is not complete yet. But that is where you come in. We want you to be a part of the development process. We want to know your thoughts and your requests, the bugs you find and the suggestions you make. There are few ways to do that:
- Become active on our forum where you can talk directly with the developers.
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with new builds, announcements and Steam Key details (hint, hint).
We are also going to be sharing much more about Adventure Mode over the next few months. Follow us on social media to stay up to date!
Watch the latest testing video below and
check out our YouTube channel for more testing videos!
Here are some more screenshots from testing as well:
Don't forget to vote for CHKN for Indie Game of the Year!!
Download the free Alpha Demo today, now with Multiplayer!
MAC OS X