We're happy to announce the release of the 1.4.3 update. Please find the release note below.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, mostly in response to the great feedback we've received since the release of the major 1.4 free update and the Evolving Empires expansion, about a month ago.
The 1.4.3 update is available on all stores (finishing processing on the Humble Store, but should be up there in a few minutes).
We hope you enjoy the new update, and let us know if you find any issues. Thanks everyone for buying the game and for the support! If you have a few minutes to spare, and have been enjoying what we do, please leave us a review on Steam or on GOG! ❤️
Level up your Galactic Empire with Evolving Empires today!
The Dev Team
Compatibility note: Saves from the previous version 1.4.2 should be fully compatible with 1.4.3, except for the Smuggler secondary skill fix, that one will require new games.
UI / GRAPHICS
- One more UI scaling option available: 135%. Therefore, the maximum UI scaling option has increased from the previous 125% to 135% now. Higher UI scale options increase the size of the text labels and icons in the galaxy map (system labels) and system view.
- The 'Infrastructure' button in the colony view, which allows checking a colony's infrastructure specialization, was tweaked and is now more evident it's a clickable button.
- Gas Giants with zero sources of Helium-3 are now displayed last when the overview panel's filter is set to list Gas Giants, and they are displayed in a slightly darker color to make them more distinct. It's still useful to list those as they are prime targets to construct planets on.
- Added max POP to upper right of the Population tooltip in the colony view. Only the actual number of POPs were displayed before, now also the population capacity is displayed in the tooltip.
- Marines count now displayed directly on the Player's ship panel in the space combat UI right next to the ship's crew experience level, with relevant tooltip.
- Yellow stars hue slight shift from green to a bit more yellow/orange.
- Fixed a bug that was not allowing colony leaders to level up their Smuggler secondary skill beyond 'Basic' level (e.g. Zarla Zel).
- Fixed an issue that was giving 'Culture' and 'Tech' too much dominance in the overall graph score, in detriment to the contributions of the amount of population, fleet strength and production capacity.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing an Alliance victory to trigger in a situation where only 3 empires were left and one overlord empire A was allied with a subject of an overlord empire B, but A was not allied with B. At least one non-subject empire must be allied with all other non-subject empires left in the game for the Alliance victory to trigger (i.e. subjects don't count for that). In this scenario, A had to be allied with B for the Alliance victory to trigger.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the 'Galactic Knowledge Exchange Wonder' to provide technologies unlocked by strategic resource choices (e.g. Medical Isotypes).
- Fixed a glitch that was causing missiles to not be destroyed visually in the UI when a ship had the 'PD All Targets' flag set. The missiles were being destroyed in data but would not be destroyed visually, which would cause them to remain in the battlefield until the end of combat.
- Fixed a glitch when displaying the armor name in the 'Ship Design' screen. 'Adamantium Armor' could be displayed only partially (could omit the initial 'A' which was beneath another UI element).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Colony Overview panel to not swap the tooltip when the sort method changed. It always showed the production tooltip, even when the colonies were sorted by credits, morale, culture. The correct and respective tooltips are now displayed.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause a superior amount of POPs to be present in a colony than the allowed capacity. This would correct itself in the next turn. Now these situations should not occur in the first place.
- Fixed a bug in the amount of SCPs obtained from surrender pacts, which could be display as negative SCP being obtained by the overlord empire when it should be positive instead.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the destruction of minor civilizations by building Colony Bases on their planets with the 'Galactic Security Initiative' evolution perk of the Cerixx affinity. This perk prohibits killing minor civs. Colony Base construction is not possible now with 'Galactic Security Initiative'. Also, when players don't have the GSI perk, the Colony Base tooltip alerts minors will be destroyed if a new colony base is built in that system.
- Fixed a bug in the Palacean's 'Nourishment' evolution perk that was not negating the effects of the technologies associates with strategic resource choices. Now, the effects from these techs do not apply with this perk, as it was intended to be.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Network Assembly' evolution perk where multiple ship refit projects would cause multiple production overflow to be created, one extra production overflow from each simultaneous ship refit.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the 'Biological Materials' special system, unlocked by the 'Battle-scarred' evolution perk, to be installed in ships discovered in ruins. These ships have unique designs and are not upgradeable to equip this special system.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing for automatic declarations of war to be issued by the player's empire to an AI empire who happened to have destroyed a minor civilization that was inside the player's territory (player had exclusive rights over the minor civ). This is standard behavior when only AI players are involved. For human players, it's their decision on if they wish to declare war on the offender AI or not.
- Fixed an issue in the minor civilizations' status change notification tooltip when a minor civ switched hands from a player's ally to a non ally, the tooltip would incorrectly state the new owner as a former ally, when that was not the case.
- Fixed an issue that would list biomes without a slide bar when checking the "more information"AI Empire Overview panel, causing an overlap with nearby elements when empires had all hostile biomes (Palacean's Natural Allies evolution perk).
- Fixed a typo where it said 'Unserveyed' for unsurveyed minor civilizations in the 'Empire Overview' screen now reads 'Unsurveyed'.