Open source racing simulator Speed Dreams 2.0 available for download
After a longer development cycle the Speed Dreams team proudly announce the release of the open source racing simulator Speed Dreams 2.0. The base package and several add-on packages are available for free download.
What's new in 2.0?
With over 2341 commits Speed Dreams 2.0 bring to you:
- New and much improved tracks, now 21 tracks ranging from highly detailed Grand Prix circuits to winding roadways to tricky off-road tracks waiting for you
- New cars and new carsets - you can choose between 29 racing cars in 84 skins
- Day time and weather condition for any race type and track
- The improved physics engine and tweaked AI opponents makes driving more realistic for maximum challenge
- Speed Dreams offer now a career mode that allows gamers to start a lifetime career
- Extended 3D OpenGL and CPU options for better effects and more performance
- New game menu design - cool designed and improved usability
All changes in detail:
Get Speed Dreams 2.0
You can get Speed Dreams sources and binaries for Windows/ Linux here:
- Website: Speed-dreams.org
- Windows binary/ Source code: Sourceforge.net
- Free install via Desura game service (Windows now/ Linux coming soon):
- Ubuntu Linux PPA: Launchpad.net
Future of Speed Dreams project needs you!
The development team would like to shorten the release cycle, complete network game play and further improve features and graphics. So we are looking for developers who are familiar with OpenGL, open source game engines and the SDL library. As a 3D artists who are using Blender or AC3D and have experiences with lowpoly design you are welcome too. If you are not a developer or a 3D artist but you like to support the project you can help us in the areas of sound design or testing, too. If you are using a Apple Macintosh you can help us to port the game to OS X.
Details how to contact and join us can be found at:
Be part of our community
Just a gamer or a fan of our project? Then be part of our community and follow us:
- Community board: Community.speed-dreams.org
- Twitter: Twitter.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com
About Speed Dreams
Speed Dreams is a Motorsport Simulator featuring high-quality 3D graphics and an accurate physics engine, all targeting maximum realism. Initially forked from TORCS, it has now reached a clearly higher realism level in visual and physics simulation, thanks to its active development team and growing community. It mainly aims to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, while constantly pushing forward visual and physics realism. It is also intended for any research, study or teaching activity, around physics and AI, thanks to its GPL V2+ license, and the clear and modular architecture of its C/C++ code base.