Vote for Sky Rogue on Greenlight!
"Charlie Foxtrot" (Alpha 21) Changelog:
- Minor bugfixing + rebalancing
KINDA MAJOR STUFF:
- Keyboard controls are re-enabled
- Reinforcements will stop spawning if there are already too many enemies in the air (this limit increases with alert level)
- Alert levels are gained more slowly, and resulting enemy reinforcements are less numerous
- Reinforcements appear immediately when you gain the alert level
- Reinforcements are more numerous at higher alert levels
- Audiovisual indicator when you gain an alert level
- RIG structures have come back, but with floating defenses
- The number of ground targets and airbases (carriers / aerodromes) increases in later islands
REALLY MINOR STUFF:
- Buildings directly on the coast may have defenses floating in the water if they don't have enough space on land
- AAA towers now fire in bursts to make them more similar to SAMs: timing an approach correctly will allow you to avoid all damage
- There's now audiovisual feedback when you try to equip things that won't fit on the aero
- FALKE and VECTOR speed stats swapped (makes more sense for the Light to have higher performance)
- Decreased DODGE special's avionics cost, increased BOOST special's payload cost
- Fixed: The lock-on diamond would sometimes stick around if you switched from a guided to an unguided weapon
I haven't announced anything on IndieDB for a long time, so here's the changelog from the last update, Alpha 20, which was pretty major:
sure to take a moment to vote!"Skunk Works" (Alpha 20) Changelog:NEW TOYS:
- NEW AERO: ‘Kirin' Swing-wing Fighter
- New Weapon: Micro-rockets, unguided high-damage missiles that fit in your micromissile slot
- New Weapon: AAM-IRMR, very fast IR missile, best against fleeing enemies
- New Skin: Sky Fox
- New Enemy: Hovercraft
- Removed the Aeromod slot because it didn't affect gameplay enough to justify having it around
- Scrap is now a permanent resource
- Like before, dying will make you lose all equipped weapons. You'll need to re-build them to use them again.
- The default loadout for every aero only uses free weapons... no more "free lunch" with non-free default weapons, sorry.
- You no longer have access to all aeros and weapons, you will need to research them
- Destroying certain enemies will give you "tech points", which you can use when you die to research new technology
- Researching a tech gives you a free copy of that weapon
- In future versions, there will be more interesting ways to gain tech points
MISSILE GUIDANCE MORE RELIABLE, BUT EASIER TO DODGE:
- Missile guidance changed significantly: they are easier to dodge, but will more reliably hit a target that doesn't try to dodge
- Most missiles will take twice as long to accelerate to top speed, making them a bit more accurate at steep angles
- The enemy will send reinforcements to the island if it feels you're too much of a threat.
- Destroying ground targets will increase this threat
- Landing will increase threat significantly (repairing + reloading gives the enemy time to regroup)
- Destroying the command center will also increase it significantly
- Your current threat level (max of 5) is displayed in the upper-right hand corner
- There is no way to remove threat except by clearing the island
VETERANS, ACES, AND MORE GRADUAL ENEMY PROGRESSION:
- Veteran and Ace enemies added, they use more missiles and can evade yours
- Enemy defenses like the LRSAM and TORO will only appear in later islands
POLISH AND USABILITY:
- Colliding with aircraft (dead or alive) will no longer kill you, but it will screw up your orientation pretty bad.
- When you equip a bomb, semitransparent reticles will appear over ground targets to assist in aiming
- Changed the loadout GUI so you can see the aero you're working on
FIXES AND TWEAKS:
- New InControl version: more controllers should be supported (Gallantgames.com)
- Terrain and skybox colors are a bit more saturated now
- Bomb / bomblet blast radius increased slightly
- MIRV missiles pick their targets in a round-robin style for better distribution. They are now MUCH more useful for taking out drone swarms.
- Flares have more ammo but a longer delay before they trigger
- BB renamed to FRIGATE
- RIG structures temporarily removed, they will come back with sea-based defenses!
- Sounds for gunfire and several GUI actions updated
- Minor UI polish in some places
- Fixed: weird aspect ratio on bombsight
- Fixed: using a loadout with one weapon, or no micromissile, shouldn't wreck everything and show messages
- Fixed: ammo multiplier bug when using multiple copies of the same weapon
- Fixed: modded skins without decals wouldn't work properly
- Fixed: some GUI elements were visisble in the flyby camera, now EVERYTHING is disabled for cooler screenshots!