• Register

A project to save a devastated world, turned into a disaster of its own. A decade later, four people return to the desert that used to be the Aral Sea, each for his or her own reasons. In the form of a platform adventure game switching between characters with very different abilities, Residue tells the story of the people who tried to change everything, and how it ended up changing them. Residue is also a ghost from our past; the project around which we formed as a group, long before we started calling ourselves The Working Parts. After some years of development and a host of other projects (our entire catalog, really) coming in between, this is the year when we get to take you with us on our journey into the Aral Sea.

Forum Thread
chapter 8 bird-bonus where are you? (Games : Residue : Forum : General Discussion : chapter 8 bird-bonus where are you? ) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 15 2013 Anchor

Chapter 8 where is bird to unlock art bonus? I replay this chapter 3 times and don't see bird, most of chapter is underwater so search for bird with Nikolai.
Any little hint?

During searching for walkthrough I found web googlecode.com with some of files Residue, strange that probably anybody have access?
I don't know if files on GoogleCode are update but I noticed that ingame credits don't display comments about ending by Hugo Bille, director?

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Hi Velonok,

Nice find on the Google Code project! It was used during the game's development, but now that we're done it has been taken down. It seems you found some behind the scenes material though! Those texts were in the game for the longest time, but in the end they just felt embarrassing, condescending. We decided to scrap them and let the game speak for itself. It was definitely the right call, I actually shuddered a bit when I read that you'd found them.

The bird can only be found by Emilio, if you swim off to the right as you exit the shaft, rather than meeting up with Nikolai to the left.

Hope that helps, thanks so much for playing!
Hugo

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.