• Register

The Genesis Redux Project is a multiplayer Sonic the Hedgehog fan game based on the Blitz Sonic engine.

Forum Thread
Official Public Server (Version 1.0.1) (Games : Genesis Redux Project : Forum : Multiplayer Servers : Official Public Server (Version 1.0.1)) Post Reply
Thread Options
ImmutableOctet
ImmutableOctet Sonickidnextgenesis
Apr 25 2012 Anchor

So since there haven't been many public servers, I thought I'd host one myself. Now, there's one thing I'd like to point out, the IP address is "CIP_DEFAULT", this was something I added to the project to conceal my IP address(I was pretty sure I was going to do something like this). In addition, CIP_DEFAULT is case sensitive, so it must be in all caps. Anyway, as the details suggest, the server's going to be hosted 24/7 on a dedicated computer. So there shouldn't be any problems.

The only time the server should go down is if one of these situations arises: Power outage, server maintenance, ISP related problems, or the dedicated program crashes, or has some kind of problem.

Anyway, now that whole thing's out of the way, please make sure to follow the rules specified on the board this thread is under. This server is very strict about its users, so it is mandatory that you do not go against the public server rules. If you see someone going against these rules, please report them immediately.

SERVER STATUS: Offline
SCHEDULE: 24/7 (The server may go down occasionally, but I'll make sure to have it up as soon as possible)
NUMBER OF PLAYERS SLOTS: 4
VERSION: 1.0.1
IP ADDRESS: CIP_DEFAULT

Current official/default stages used:
- GreenHill

Current custom stages used:
None

In-game chatroom rules
The in-game chat's rules are the same as the forums general rules.
If you see someone not following the rules, we encourage you to report them.

And for those who are having problems connecting, I suggest visiting: Sonickid.org

The last thing I'd like to mention is: If you're planning on joining the server without a friend, there's a high chance you won't have much to do. The multiplayer engine was designed around having 2-4 people playing in co-op together. So it's not really set up for random people to join and leave as they please, it's more of an organized thing.

Edited by: ImmutableOctet

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.