• Register

Omegalodon is a third-person multiplayer action game where players compete by attacking/defending the city. The Red Team is comprised of police and soldiers armed with an array of military vehicles and explosive weaponry. The Green Team is comprised of Omegalodon, a 100-foot shark monster, and the Enviros, equipped with a healing beam. The game plays like a backward tower-defense game, but with free-roaming capability and fast-paced, realtime action. Omegalodon's objective is a nuclear containment dome at the city center. The round will end if it is destroyed, the timer reaches zero, or if Omegalodon dies. Features: - Fully destructible environments - Dozens of drivable vehicles including helicopters, cargo ships, and jets - 30-minute round-based multiplayer - Dozens of simultaneous players - Story elements will full voice acting - Nine square miles of open world, spanning islands and cityscapes - A colorful, retro aesthetic

Forum Thread
Jets broken? (1.4?) (Games : Omegalodon : Forum : Bug Reports : Jets broken? (1.4?)) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 27 2012 Anchor

I booted up Omegalodon to find there was an update. I updated it and as I went onto a server, I jumped into a jet to find that it controlled itself. I could try and move it, but it would go in a straight line, and subsequently crashing me into a gate. Not sure if this was present in the last version as well, but I've only found it in this version.

Apart from that, loving the game!

Mar 27 2012 Anchor

Which jet? Where? Are you using the demo?

Are you aware that jets use the mouse to steer, rather than the keys?

Edited by: NorthOfEarth

Mar 27 2012 Anchor

The one in the runway (near the left of the map) which at the start is already on the runway as if it is about to take off. I'm using the demo, and even when I don't press any buttons or move the mouse at all it just accelerates forwards by itself.

Mar 27 2012 Anchor

I'll investigate this, though I can't recreate it. It seems to be an issue only in the demo.

Sep 15 2012 Anchor

How to control Jet, btw? When i enter it it automatically start moving but i cannot takeoff
Ok. i got it. That should be said in README BTW, how to control Jets.

Edited by: Toyotame

Sep 30 2012 Anchor

jets do accelerate themselves i found, but you can make them go faster by pressing forward, watching nerdcubed's video of it, he can turn his jets really wildly, yet i can't.

is that an issue with mouse dpi? also, i can never find populated servers, that might be because im in england

Sep 30 2012 Anchor

I think he may have been using a trackball. I can't make them do that either.

Servers are most populated on weekends and evenings in American Central/Eastern time.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.