Loco is a 2D Platformer set in a vibrant world with a Lovecraftian foundation. We've drawn inspiration from early Disney cartoons, Aztec and Mayan culture and the Cthulu Mythos to create a world that has a colourful and bright surface, with dark and twisted roots.
Simply Download the Zip File, extract the game folder and play the game! Both Data Folder and .EXE file must be in the same location for it to function.
17/11/2017 - Update log:
Today we've got a pretty big update for you all, one we hope will fix a lot of issues bought up by people who have played our Demo over the past week:
- Shooting and Combat overhaul - Earlier in the week we completely redid the combat mechanics, adding a free-form shooting style rather than locked directional shooting. This meant re-doing the fireworks as well, so they now operate on a physics based form of motion instead, giving them acceleration etc. We think this adds a nice layer of difficulty/freedom with the combat, but we'd love to hear your thoughts!
- Colour Grading - We completely regraded and colour corrected the entire game, meaning it looks richer, deeper and more beautiful than before. We also replaced all our images and gifs on the itch.io page to reflect this.
- The Herald and Progression - We provided the Herald with a bigger role in the level. He now serves as a roadblock to prevent players from progressing into the rope bridge section before collection all five followers. This ties into our cinematic changes, and we believe it encourages people to explore the entire first segment (as quite a few people missed the mines). This is a big change to flow, so let us know what you think!
- Sound -We've re-balanced a lot of the sound files that were causing issues, hopefully fixing any clipping problems.
- Atmospheric Effects - We've introduced a few new particle fields to increase atmosphere, as well as custom animations for wind effects during the rope bridge segment.
- Cinematic - A lot of people were confused and a bit disenfranchised by the final cinematic of the Demo, so we've completely remade it from scratch, adding the herald, some dialogue, and player input to ensure the final moments of the Demo are impactful and enjoyable. We won't say much more as we don't want to spoil it!
Phew that was a lot of changes, we're working really hard to improve our game, and listening closely to player feedback, so let us know what you think of Version 3, and how we can improve it.
Thanks again for playing!!