Today we take a look at the Resource Editor...In this episode we will cover the following in four part video:
- General overview of interface and control systems.
- How to edit materials, how emission maps, normal maps, and specular maps work.
- Learn how zipping up folders in your project can save space and are used in the game engine.
- Overview of built-in particle editor and how to change basic properties on emitters and color faders, and control of quantity of particles on screen at any given time.
- Learn how units are constructed and used in the engine, detailed explanation of what each property for GameCharacter/Unit is and how to properly use it.
- Explanation of how to edit normal and alternative fire modes of weapons, explanation of how they types Gun, Weapon, WeaponItem, etc collaborate with each other.
- Learn how to create your own dynamic props with custom physics!
- Finally we cover how to create custom sounds for the engine and use them using opensource software.