• Register

Guts and Glory is a game about racing to the finish line while everything tries to kill you and you laugh about it. *Currently in development, so your feedback will help shape the future of this project*

Forum Thread
Low FPS with low resource usage (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) (Games : Guts and Glory : Forum : General Bug Reports : Low FPS with low resource usage (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 22 2016 Anchor

I am getting a low FPS max even while my resources are not being maxed out. Is there a way to change the max fps manually or is this a bug? I have attached a screenshot of the game plus my cpu monitor.

GutsGloryScrnSht

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

Men , The version of the game (You have is 0.3.1) But the actual version is ( 0.3.2 ) Please update your game and post a comment later if the bug still here =)

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

This is the version of the game I downloaded from the website this morning. Is it possible that 0.3.2 isn't released for Linux yet? or is there a different place I go to download the newest version?

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

Here : Indiedb.com

Just download the linux version =)

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

Thanks for the help!

I'm still having the same issue of it setting the max fps to a min of 10 or 11. Any ideas? V 0.3.2

Screenshot from 2016 07 22 13 04

Edited by: DisloyalBroom

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

No sorry , I'm just a player like you lol , Not a dev X) Seriously i don't know why it do that and you have 10FPS gameplay or it's just write 10fps ? bur you have like 60fps ??

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

It's def not 60 fps sadly. I have the video settings all the way down and it runs the same when I have them maxed out as well. :(

Jul 22 2016 Anchor

It's weird , ok sorry ,i can't help you :/

Jul 23 2016 Anchor

Hi there DisloyalBroom!

The stat that's missing from your screenshot is GPU performance, and that's the reason for low FPS; this is a rather low-end is not built to handle this level of 3D graphics. :( Your CPU is handling the physics calculations okay, but the GPU side of the Haswell processor can't handle the video processing.

However, you may be able to boost your FPS closer to something more playable by reducing the resolution (Quality Settings-->Resolution dropdown menu) and maybe turning off vsync. It won't look pretty, but it could run better.

Thank you for posting the screenshot with specs! It really helps in determining min. system requirements.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.