Greetings Players!We are excited to announce that Dual Wielding is almost ready for showtime to the public. We're planning on having it out by the March 31st! We completed all development over the weekend. We have also imported all the new models/artwork for the male and done some extensive testing on the male set. We are going to finish getting the female models/artwork for dual wielding imported and tested this week. So barring any major issues we will have that ready for the end of the month! Whether or not the 31st release will contain the initial release of the Northern Lands remains to be seen though the outside it is not far from completion.
Some additional notes you may want to know about the Dual Wielding skill and some other combat changes:
- Dual Wielding will be available to the Barbarian, Rogue and Ranger (Ranger @ 150 cap)
- Using Dual Wielding results in a chance to hit penalty for both your primary (up to 10%) and secondary (up to 35%) weapons. These penalties are diminished as you raise your dual wielding skill though your secondary weapon will always have a 10% chance to hit penalty even at 200 dual wielding.
- A 10% damage penalty will be incurred for your secondary weapon.
- Lastly a 10% speed penalty will be incurred when wielding two weapons.
- Any two one handed weapons may be equipped together. You can mix and match weapons between skills as long as you have the corresponding skills to equip the weapons...
- Player Stats Menu has been updated to show your chance to hit for right and left handed weapon.
- With this update we do not want to make non-stave two-handed weapons obsolete for players who elect to take up the Dual Wielding skill. So we will also be adding a 5-7% chance to deal a crushing blow (1.5x damage) when using a two-handed weapon.
- We are also looking into the idea of giving all weapon skills a special ability when 200 skill is reached though that will not likely be part of this update.