Eterium is a space flight sim in the spirit of 90's games like Wing Commander and X-Wing. Developed by a two-man team, Eterium aims to bring the classic style of space combat games into the modern era. You play as a pilot working his way up the ranks aboard the United Earth Alliance carrier Canopus during a war against an evil alien race known as the Revi. Experience story-driven gameplay, advanced artificial intelligence, procedural missions and intense 3D space combat as you battle your way through over 30 missions of action-packed gameplay. Gameplay Features: * Fully customizable joystick, Xbox controller and mouse support * Outstanding stereo 3D support (nVidia 3d Vision only) * Advanced artificial intelligence * Dynamic difficulty * Intelligent procedural mission generation * Advanced ship damage systems * Fully 3D rendered cockpits * Asteroid and mine fields
Latest version of the Eterium Demo. Updates include more responsive keyboard controls, improved lighting, better explosions and new blackout/redout effects.
- If you have a previous version of the Eterium Demo installed, you will need to uninstall it
- Your old save file is not compatible with this new version - updating will delete your save file!
2369.02 -> 2435.11
- Improved blackouts/redouts
- Improved Explosions effects
- Added debris to explosions (we are still working on making explosions and debris look better!)
- Added docked/landed ships
- Added destroyer escorts for the UEA Canopus
- Kite Class Courier has been added (it's in the demo docked to the UEA Alexandria, if you look closely)
- Wingmen now launch off the carrier with you (this still needs some improvement)
- Improved lighting inside landing bays, when in the landing bay ships will actually be lit by the landing bay lights instead of the sun
- Fixed Joystick Rotation Axis
- Fixed keyboard input delays
- Added new targeting options: target ship attacking my wingman and target ship attacking ship I am escorting (the latter is not used in the demo)
- Added Mouse Roll / accelerate/decelerate: hold middle mouse button and move mouse left and right to roll, up and down to change speed
- Xbox Controller: Right stick Up/Down adjusts speed
- Xbox Controller: Hold LB and Left stick for lateral and ventral thrusters
- Added option to Launcher to disable camera shake
- Disabled debug keys (F2 no longer crashes). All F keys have been disabled in this release until we can implement proper camera views.
- Fixed rare bug where sometimes player can be killed by his own missiles
- Debris from explosions rotates off axis.
- Debris from exploding Capital ships is wrong size / looks weird.
- You may sometimes collide with your wingmen on launch.
- The 3rd mission varies in difficulty by a lot.
- Ejecting on last mission ends game (you will need to continue from the start menu if you want to try again)