Today Dream Car Builder moves from early access into a full release. All the things that we promised in the Early Access Game Introduction are now implemented in the game.
The game got 81 updates during these 2 years.
50% of the features were requested by players. Your input suggestions and feedback has been invaluable to us. Thank you guys, you made this game!
The short list:
New parts and settings:
- Point settings
- Tank steering
- Angle locks
- Spoilers (Panels with aerodynamics)
- The new part "Decoration" allows to import 3D objects from .obj files
- 3 types of tires: Universal, Slick, Offroad
- Manual gearbox with the ability to change gear ratios (new engine settings)
New ingame maps:
- Canyon 2
- Crash Test Site
- Desert 2
- Monticello raceway
- Racing field
- Salt Flats
- Controller support
- Ability to assign keyboard buttons for all actions of the race mode.
- Physics engine has been significantly improved.
- Free camera mode
- The possibility to make custom circular tracks
- The ability to change the width of checkpoints
- The ability to make custom tracks wich are over the ground (on platforms)
- The editor user interface is improved
- Groups of parts window in the editor
- Competitions UI improvements
- New ingame tutorial
- 9 new languages: German, Portuguese-Brazil, French, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Turkish, Japanese.
Graphics and sounds:
- Soft wheels graphics
- Dust, sparks, skidmarks, new sound effects
- Particles and sounds now slow when you slow down the time.
The full list of updates:
The evolution of the game during these 3 years.
The 1st prototype (3 years ago):
2 months later:
3 years later (the official trailer):