• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
New Map (Chalice of Ilmatar) 89 land+12 sea, cave-rich (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Undiscovered Door - Maps & Cartography : New Map (Chalice of Ilmatar) 89 land+12 sea, cave-rich) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 25 2014 Anchor

Greets,
Finished my second experiment with map creation for Dominions 4.
"Chalice of Ilmatar:
Once, while swimming in the eternal sea, Ilmatar threw her chalice on the air. For a moment, before it fell back to the sea, it became a small world. Suitable for 6 players, which one can be water nation. Cave network connects all parts of the world."

This time tried rather different look form the first attempt
(Gaias whispers Indiedb.com )

The map should be found here:
Dl.dropboxusercontent.com

As last time, the image without provinces/borders is available if some one feels like experimenting with it:
Cymoth.deviantart.com
89+12 provinces, no wrap-around.
This one draws some inspiration form Valanis map.
The cave-network here however goes under the surface, and cave-entrances are scattered around it.
As there are rather lot of caves, it might give quite a lot advantage for cave-dwellers.

Jan 25 2014 Anchor

Beautiful. Thanks.

Jan 26 2014 Anchor

Thanks, LeTwan, much appreciated, especially from such active map-maker :)

Jan 26 2014 Anchor

Nice map. I wonder when all water fall off. ;)

Jan 26 2014 Anchor

Thanks for the comment. Heh, well it should last long enough that a new Pancreator is found ;)

Jan 26 2014 Anchor

I liked your earlier map better, but this is a nice map too.
Bears the semblance of a giant molar - Ymir must have had a bad day at the dentist's office.

Jan 27 2014 Anchor

Are there any nostart provinces? While I like asymmetrical maps, starting in a swamp or surrounded by wastelands is no fun.

Jan 27 2014 Anchor

_noblesse_oblige: Thanks. This is rather different to the first one, which I tried to make rather generic. Here wanted to try something rather different. Now when you mention, it does look quite like a teeth too. Well when that much thing starts to grow in one, maybe it's time to remove it :)

HerdyGerdy: Yes, I tried to check through and mark as no-start most which have only few neighbors/only have desert neighbors.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.