• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
dom4editor 1.0 (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Palace of Dreams - Modding : dom4editor 1.0) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Some of you may remember the mod file editor I created for Dom 3. I have updated it to be compatible with Dom 4. For those who don't know this is a visual editor for .dm files that includes many features of a modern integrated development environment included syntax coloring, code completion, error checking, integrated help and an overview mode where you won't have to write a single line of code if you don't want to. I currently have a Windows build for it and will add a Linux and Mac build as well. For more info (with screenshots) follow the Getting Started link below.

Let me know of any problems you encounter.

Getting Started

Project Page

Windows version 1.0

64-bit Linux version 1.0

Edited by: Larzm42

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Thank you so much :D

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

This is a great program for learning...I just used it to figure out what I was doing wrong with a unit mod.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Nice work.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

This is a great tool, glad to see it here for Dom4.

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

Seems good, i've never modded before, even if i want to.

How can i get the Linux version ?

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

Tchey wrote: Seems good, i've never modded before, even if i want to.

How can i get the Linux version ?

I will get the linux version compiled tomorrow and update the OP with the download link.

EDIT: Linux version added. Plus a few data fixes in the Windows version.

Edited by: Larzm42

Dec 25 2013 Anchor

The editor doesn't seem to pick up on weapon damage types like #blunt or #slash if they're already in the dm file when you open it.

Dec 28 2013 Anchor

I don't know if this is an isolated case or not, but when using #newspell to make some random things, dom4 gave me a #newspell needs an #end error. The editor only added one and flags the #end i added manually as unexpected. could somebody throw a quick spell together and let me know if it's just me that's having this problem?

Also, great work on this, your editor saves a lot of time for some quick editing shenanigans! I've only started playing recently but i think i might be starting to enjoy making mods more than the actual SP game, haven't tried MP yet though.

Jan 16 2014 Anchor

I like it, but the balloon tips when you mouse over a field don't give you enough time to read them if they're really large (which some are). Right now I can only read a few sentences so I basically have to have the mod manual open anyways. Thanks!

Edited by: phyvo

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.