• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound) (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Undiscovered Door - Maps & Cartography : Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 9 2013 Anchor

Hello guys,

This is my second map for dom4, again hand drawn.
Biddyn (84 land + 9 sea) - Full wrap around

Screenshots (v1.1 left, v1.0 on the right)

Feel free to share comments/suggestions/ideas and report any bugs!
Thank you!

Download links:
Biddyn v1.11: Petit-fichier.fr
Biddyn v1.1 (old): Petit-fichier.fr
Biddyn v1.0 (old) : Petit-fichier.fr

Edited by: Pymous

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Nov 10 2013 Anchor

Beautiful :)

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Nov 10 2013 Anchor

What I love about these maps is how original the style is. We have pixel art maps, we have clean fantasy-art style maps - which are all beautiful, and then we have these maps which are like impressionist almost. I changed my mind Pymous, I want to play on this one instead! :P (I loves me my under-90 province maps).

Edit: What would be awesome is if the roads drawn on the map would actually have roads built on them in the game. Like quick highways to move around (especially through otherwise bad terrain) that would be strategically (obviously) important to control.

Edited by: MAurelius11

Nov 10 2013 Anchor

beautiful, beautiful map!

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

Awesome! Your map art has become my instant favorite of all the ones I have seen. :)

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

I love this! Really pretty.

Nov 12 2013 Anchor

Truly beautiful!

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 13 2013 Anchor

Thank you guys!
I plan to release an update of both maps (Biddyn + Atha Avin) to include more caves and new cave forests from the patch.

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

Ah, that would be great. We definitely need more maps with caves.

Nov 13 2013 Anchor

That's the third most beautiful map in existance.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 14 2013 Anchor

Biddyn v1.1 is out!
download link: Petit-fichier.fr

Biddyn v1.1 Changelog:

- Improved art and some details addition
- Added 3 new caves provinces (total 4: 2 cave-moutains / 1 cave-forest / 1 cave-waste)
- Fixed some provinces neighbours
- Tweaks to improve map readability (small white stroke effect on borders + adjusted borders junctions)

User Posted Image

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

Very beautiful!

Nov 15 2013 Anchor

Really pretty map. What it could use I think, is limiting the saildistance to 1.

bbz
bbz
Nov 15 2013 Anchor

Thanks for creating such lovely map for us mortals :P

Nov 16 2013 Anchor

This is a beautiful map - thanks for taking the time to create it!

Nov 17 2013 Anchor

I'm hosting a multiplayer game on this map now, and it is really great. I like how the plains provinces with roads drawn on them function like roads with the dom4 movements rules. I love the colored villages as well.

Nov 17 2013 Anchor

Beautiful. Would you ever consider releasing a version with solid province lines instead of dotted? Something about dotted hurts my eyes :(

Nov 18 2013 Anchor

This is a beautiful map, and I'm doing a SP on it.

I've noticed a glitch :
It looks like province 68 and 69 shouldn't be connected, but they are.

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 19 2013 Anchor

Thank you guys,

@Anduric: True!
Thank you this will be fixed for the next update!
- And 72 wasn't connected to 62, fixed too now.
- 75 connected to 89 fixed too
@elitesix: unfortunately I can't release two different version of the same map (or this will be a mess :p)

Small patch fix released:
Biddyn v1.11 : Petit-fichier.fr

Someone wrote: Biddyn v1.11 Changelog:
! Bug fix patch !
- removed 68-69 province connection
- removed 75-89 province connection
- added 62-72 province connection

--

My dominons 4 maps:

MAurelius11
Nov 21 2013 Anchor

Hey Pymous, is the updated map save game compatible?

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Nov 21 2013 Anchor

Hi Maurelius,
I asked the question here: Indiedb.com
Looks like it should be. I had an old "testmap" savegame and it worked but I can't garantee the result. Like gp1628 said, this may be more problematic in multiplayer games where all players need the last map version but for solo play this should be safe.
If you don't want to take any risk, copy your savegame file, update the map and try if it works.

--

My dominons 4 maps:

Nov 21 2013 Anchor

I have good news and bad news.
Good news, it should not affect game saves.
Bad news, it should not affect game saves.

As far as I know, a map updated with new connections wont be seen at all by a game already in progress.
At least, that was true in Dom3. I havent been able to actually test it in Dom4.

MAurelius11
Nov 22 2013 Anchor

Well then I guess I shall not update while Bakemono Banzai! is going on. No point if the map doesn't actually update. It's been working fine for me now for...let me check...3 hours 45 minutes, and it doesn't sound like a few missed connections will be a problem.

Really enjoy playing on it.

Nov 22 2013 Anchor

Dominions only looks at the .map file when creating the game, and never again. After that the information is stored in the .fthrlnd file for that game.

Nov 22 2013 Anchor

A minor glitch : Province 92 has the design of a wasteland, but not the tag

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.