Commander is a stylish and awesome strategy game made with passion and care to bring an epic experience to RTS enthusiasts. Beyond the visuals and the gorgeous classical music, Commander is a breakthrough in the genre with innovative game mechanisms and a memorable "easy to learn, hard to master" experience. As the "commander", you will have to do everything in your power to protect your people from a mysterious lifeform that is trying to annihilate the human race by throwing asteroids at them (!). Install turrets, drive spaceships, blow up planets and do all sort of crazy things to save the world. What do you want more? Lasers, missiles, particle effects, tons of pixels and a lot of fun!
The new update of Commander is now available! This is the first Alpha update, which means that from now on, the Alpha version is more awesome than the Demo version. If everything goes as planned, there will be an update for the Alpha version every month and the next one will be a HUGE one (I know you're excited! Read below to know more!)
So, what's new in this version?
- Bigger battlefields
- New sound effects (ex: different sound for spaceships)
- New camera that follows the player (can be controlled manually with R/F!)
- New "how to play" and "credits" panels
- More levels*
The 1001 little touches
- Bigger World 1 layout
- Sound effects fade depending on the camera zoom
- Added the velocity of the spaceship to the fired bullets
- Music fade when pausing the game
- The bullet's explosion color (fired by the spaceship) match the spaceship color
- Force field effect if you try to leave the battlefield like a coward
- Intro cutscene is back with new sfx
- A cool animation when you finish the last level of World 1
- Spaceship shield don't appear if a bullet explode "on the spaceship"
Under the hood, for programmers:
- Current LOC: 45644 (delta: +5034)
- Commits: 158
- Better handling of "worlds", "levels", "campaign"
- Better handling of user data
- Refactored the code for the multiverse*
* Exciting news for the next update!
So I did not designed as much levels as I wanted or added new enemies in this update because I was busy expanding the battlefield and working on the camera. And now I will be busy doing something really awesome for you guys: in the next alpha update, the level editor will be available. Not only that, I'm currently working on the "multiverse"... yeah, THE MULTIVERSE! Imagine you could create your own "world" with as many levels as you can fit in it. Then imagine adding warps in your world to travel to other worlds made by awesome players like you. Then imagine doing all that in-game with leaderboards and all. Well sir, in one month, you will be able to do so! So what are you waiting for? Be part of the alpha today!
A lot is going on in the development of Commander this week! I talk about new features and the upcoming update in November!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.