Grunka Munka Games
Based in United States
November 8 2018
Collidalot is a local multiplayer game in which jet-powered destruction derby meets rail-grinding chaos. Players pilot post-apocalyptic hover cars and crash them into each other. The world is a wasteland where pilots battle for glory above desolated landscapes. Energy rails have been suspended above the unforgiving planet surface where pilots fly and grind on the rails at breakneck speeds for map dominance.
Collidalot originally started as a prototype codenamed "Love Letter 4Three Born". The concept began with spaceship sumo wrestling, with the intent to create a brand new local multiplayer game. Jokes were thrown around that the ships could grind on the gravity of Saturn's rings and thus grinding became one of the main gameplay features. The original prototype was named "The Enragement Ring" and shown in the local Seattle area during the summer of 2016. Full production caused two art style shifts and another rename, this time to "Collidalot".
- Jet Powered Grinding
- Local Multiplayer
- Deep collision based combat
Collidalot - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Multiplayer Game" Dreamhack 2018
- "Audience Choice Award Winner" Seattle Indie Game Competition, 2017
- "Audience Choice Award Winner" Intel Game Developer Showcase, 2017
- "People's Choice Award Finalist" iFest, 2017
- "Best Overall Game Finalist" Intel Developer Showcase, 2018
- "Official Selection" Seattle Indies Expo, 2018
- "Collidalot is cemented as a great complement for games like Towerfall, Ultimate Chicken Horse, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Grunka Munka has done a great job here, creating another unique, memorable Switch multiplayer title."
- Andrew Rockett, Nintendo Enthusiast
Grunka Munka Games allows for the contents of Collidalot to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Collidalot is legally & explicitly allowed by Grunka Munka Games. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/collidalot/presskit.
About Grunka Munka Games
Description Grunka Munka Games is a Seattle-based game studio. We focus on offbeat ideas and turning them into distinct, high-quality games that challenge expectations.
More information on Grunka Munka Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art Director, Animation, Modeling
FX, Former Art Lead
Music, Sound FX, Environmental Art