Based in United States
May 14 2020
Cepheus Protocol is an independently developed top-down open world RTS inspired by XCOM, Company of Heroes, and Parasite Eve. A lethal virus has infected Treasure Island, San Francisco and it is up to Captain Winter, a U.S. Army soldier working with the Center for Epidemic Research and Control (CERC) to stop the mysterious and deadly Pangu Virus from spreading to the mainland.
Our team was drawn together from a previous studio we worked for called Fenrir Studios, which was dissolved in the summer of 2018. The three main leads from Fenrir Studios formed their own studio (Halcyon Winds), which became an LLC winter 2018.
Taking a handful of the key developers and recruiting new employees Halcyon Winds began development on our first launch game, Cepheus Protocol July 2018 with a goal of finishing the first 8+ hours of Chapter One within 12 months. Presently, our team members are from all over the world, with most coming from the United States and Europe. The whole team works, telecommunications, with no one getting paid, yet still most dedicate well over 40 hours a week.
As for our developers, a few of them have gone, or are currently working with AAA game studios, while others have years of experience across many disciplines. We also opened our doors to newly graduated students, talented modders, and those looking to get experience in the game industry. As for our released games, under Fenrir Studios we released Dark Storm: VR Missions, which was launched on Steam Early Access. Under the Halcyon Winds banner, Cepheus Protocol is our launch title.
- Take control of an elite special operative whose skills and expertise completely revolutionize the battlefield.
- Unlock the Global Doctrines. Outfit your army with weapons, vehicles, and equipment that will give you the edge against an unyielding zombie horde.
- Unite with those who have vowed to fight the zombie horde, or face their fire should they stand in your way.
Cepheus Protocol Uprising Part 1 Trailer YouTube
Cepheus Protocol Dev Update #16 (On Public Now) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Horror Game" Dreamhack Anaheim
- "Cepheus gameplay is a unique blend of RTS with a real tower defense feel. 100% a strong learning curve to master the tactical skills layered across the six different character classes. Check it out!"
- Mature Minded Gamers, Mature Minded Gamers
- "A game that caught me off guard with how freaking fantastic it is, it runs fairly darn well, is pretty intense and reminds me quite a bit of They Are Billions just in a more modern world."
- SmashGaminG!!, SmashGaminG!!
Halcyon Winds allows for the contents of Cepheus Protocol to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Cepheus Protocol is legally & explicitly allowed by Halcyon Winds. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/cepheus-protocol/presskit.
About Halcyon Winds
Halcyon Winds a new company formed to create narrative driven games with solid enjoyable gameplay
More information on Halcyon Winds, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Cepheus Protocol Credits
Concept Art Lead
Christopher Lee Buckner