Based in Santiago, Chile
Caiam Piter and the Mushroom Kingdom is an exploration based 2D RPG dungeon crawler game where you take the role of a mystical mushroom with the important mission of surviving and help your mother fungi to proliferate into the virgin lands. The kingdom has flourished with all kinds of fungi, making it hard to find food and have an easy living, lots of mushrooms are being born with the only mission of leaving this lands in search of a new horizon, but the kingdoms armies will make everything possible to stop them to get any further.
Caiam Piter and the Mushroom Kingdom was inspired by a book called "Guía de Campo Hongos de Chile Volumen I" by Giuliana Furci, a beautifully illustrated book for mycologist enthusiast. As we read and learned about fungi we suddenly realized their potential in a procedurally generated roguelike game, they ever growing nature, they magical appearance and the uncountable different mushroom shapes filled our imagination. We wanted to share this fungus love to everyone, and so the development began.
- Procedurally generated dungeons and progression system.
- 100 floors to conquer spread through 4 different areas.
- Each room has a special gimmick that you must complete to be able to advance to the next one. Challenges are vast.
- Find item upgrades, weapons, shields, artifacts, and skills.
- RPG stats and attributes for character builds. The dynamic skill build system will let you make the character you want.
- Make use of different resources in the best way to increase your chances of survival.
- Combat against different mushrooms, mushroom parties, mini-bosses, and bosses. Make and strategy and use correctly your items to achieve victory.
- Everything is collectible, go out and explore, grow your compendium and learn more about the world and its inhabitants.
Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of 2018 Q4" IndieDB
- "TOP 100 Indie of the Year 2018" IndieDB
About Spoonman Games
Welcome to Spoonman Games, an Indie Game Developer Company based in Chile. We are a small team working passionately on video games. We want to create well-design procedural worlds where you can get lost and enjoy in their ever-expanding lands and stories.
More information on Spoonman Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Caiam Piter and the Mushroom Kingdom Credits
Lead Programmer/Art Director