Download and play the demo version of Brick Inventions. (Note: This version was released in 2014 and doesn't represent the current state of the game).
Release notes [v. 0.5.9]:
- Level 2: The last platform is now lower so that it is easier to complete the level.
- Level 2: Player has more materials available now.
- Level 3: Set minimum height from 50 to 40m.
- Level 4: Placed the structure nearer to the build-area of the player to make it easier to complete the level.
- Tool-shortcuts now also work when the build-menu is open.
Release notes [v. 0.5.8]:
- Features included in the demo:
- 4 singleplayer levels (1 tutorial level)
- The Inventor mode to create your own inventions
- All standard blocks + TNT-block, Bomb & Accelerator (in the second level)
- At this point, I cannot provide system requirement but the game should run fine on computers with at least a dual core with 2.0Ghz and a graphics card with at least 512MB RAM. The performance of the game is mainly CPU-bound (due to heavy physics calculations - the faster the CPU, the more blocks can be simulated). The game is not optimized yet and the performance will get better in future versions (especially with PhysX 3.3 in Unity 5).
- Other things:
- In some places the GUI isn't optimal at the moment (for example: increasing/decreasing the speed of the accelerator-block with buttons). These things will be improved once the new GUI system of Unity is out (which should be the case in the next few weeks). The old system is a bit complicated and I don't want to waste time on programming my own solutions if I can do the same thing in a fraction of the time.
- Although I try to keep the quality of the game as high as possible, please also bear in mind that the game is still in alpha and that bugs can occur. If you find a bug, please contact me so I can fix it as soon as possible.