Today, I finally felt it was time to add my project to IndieDB! I started working on Biosignature in spring 2016 and I think I'm doing quite well, considering its a spare time project.
I'm very inspired by games that I enjoyed in my youth, most of them coop games. I remember spending whole nights slaying monsters in Diablo or Blaze n Blade (PS1 that was) with my roommate, on a tiny TV, eyes burning like fire. I want to bring that feeling back.
About the game
Biosignature is an Aliens-like 80s SciFi TopDownShooter
for up to 4 players on the couch,online or mixed if you like
Theme: 80s Retro-SciFi, I’m looking for something that looks, feels and sounds like Aliens (J. Cameron). Oh, that film!
- 3D Top-down view
- Mouse/KB and/or Gamepads
- Shooter with ammo and reload mechanic
- Coop, with up to 4 Players on the couch, online, and also mixed
- 4 Characters with differing basic stats
- There will be a story
- Varying set of mission objectives (story driven)
- Semi/full procedural levels
- No permadeath (at least not mandatory)
Technical basis: Unity 3D
If you like, you can also follow my development progress in detail here: G-phil.com
All the best and see you next time,