Dark Storm is a story-driven stealth/action game featuring both true first and third-person perspectives. The game stars Amber Kingsley, a strong-willed former soldier that is down on her luck; now working with Ancile as a low end security officer at the Irving Alaskan Apex Facility. Dark Storm is designed as a multi-part game that will be released episodically on the PC. The first game that is currently in development using Unreal Engine 4 is called Dark Storm: Ascension, which is targeted for a 2017 release.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Programmers located Anywhere.
Posted by Fenrir Studios on
Dark Storm (Fenrir Studios) Recruiting 2D Environment Concept Artists
Hello everyone, Fenrir Studios is looking for talented artists to help build the world of “Dark Storm”. We are Looking for 3-5 2D Environment Concept Artists.
About Dark Storm Ascension
Dark Storm: Ascension is an indie stealth action title, with roots heavily inspired by classic games such as Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex. You play as Amber Kingsley, a form Army Special Forces soldier that was dishonorably discharged after a failed mission in North Korea, which resulted in the deaths of several members of her squad. Now riddled with guilt, Amber has joined Ancile, a private military corporation charged with protecting the Irving Apex Facility in Alaska. There she hopes to find a new purpose, but will ultimately be forced back into action when the base comes under attack from a mysterious enemy.
A 2D Environment Concept Artist is expected to provide the team with inspirational illustrations including; environment and object exploration and paint overs. Also the ability to be able to draw storyboards, color and lighting compositions and character designs is a plus.
• Work under the Creative Director and Art Director and develop concept artwork that defines the overall
look and art style for the game
• Create concept designs and art direction materials
• Design a wide range of original concepts and subject matter
• Work within different stylistic boundaries set by the Creative Director and Art Director
• Collaborate with other team members in order to develop the visual direction for game
Essential Skills and Experience
▪ An excellent understanding of color theory, perspective, lighting, and composition
▪ Thorough knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop or Painter
▪ Must have excellent 2D skills and traditional technical knowledge
▪ Good written and verbal English skills
Requirement for Environment Concept Artist:
▪ Spend 6-8 hours a week working on project
▪ Must attend our weekly meetings and be active on Skype almost daily
▪ Positive attitude
▪ Willing to take and give positive criticism
Payment will be on a percent basis after the game is released everyone on the team that helped will receive an amount calculated off the amount of work they did that makes it into the final build. We plan to release on Steam and any other services that will allow. Everyone is required to sign an initial Royalty Contract and a final upon release. Leaving the team before release will lower your overall percent.
Skype : Dark583