Lost your way in a thicket of forums? If that is so, below is a rather short and concise guide to find your way back:
- Announcements & Rules: sitewide and forumwide announcements, site and forum rules, guides and notifications.
- General Banter: relaxed and general topics related to gaming that do not belong anywhere else (such as Favorite Game which can be a PC game, or perhaps a console or mobile game) and other threads concerning DB sister sites (ModDB, IndieDB, SlideDB, VRDB), GameFront, mod.io and partners.
- Support: problems and issues with any of DBolical sites or content on the site. You can also report bugs on DBolical Github
- Suggestions: suggestions pertaining to any of DBolical sites. You can also suggest new features and improvements on DBolical Github
- Contests & Jams: tournaments, contests, competitions and naturally, game jams.
- Cosmos: serious discussions and grey area topics related to life, society, beliefs, culture.
- Development Banter: general development discussions that do not belong anywhere else. Please use Pimpage & Posing to promote your own projects.
- Ideas & Concepts: game design. Also ideas currently not in execution phase can be discussed here.
- Pimpage & Posing: here you can promote your in-development or commercially/noncomercially released games, mods, engines, asset packs, as well as link your gaming and game dev websites... and more. To post your mobile-only app advert, you can use Mobile Gaming instead.
- Recruiting & Resumes: as the name of the forum suggests, here you can post your resume and recruit team members!
- Coding & Scripting: high level and low level programming, scripting in Lua, INI and other scripting languages.
- 2D Graphics: concept art, HUD/GUI art, texturing and all other 2D art topics such as pixel art and spritesheet making goodies.
- 3D Modeling & Animating: organic sculpting and hard surface modeling; rigging and animating. Also UV mapping to some extent.
- Level Design: mapping, level design and environment art creation.
- Sound Design & Composition: sound design, musical composition, voice acting, DJing and MCing, general sound and music directing and production. (Meant for discussions only not resumes which may be removed, you have to use Recruiting & Resumes to post your Sound Designer, Music Composer or Voice Actor/Actress ad instead.)
- Writing & Stories: writing workshops and techniques, story writing, constructing character arcs, building worlds and settings, and more.
- PC Gaming: PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) gaming related threads.
- Console Gaming: everything related to consoles and console gaming.
- Mobile Gaming: everything related to apps, mobile software and mobile gaming. (Mobile phones, tablets,
- VR / AR Gaming: virtual reality and augmented reality topics.
- Tech Support: general game and software support, such as installation issues. You can post mod and game bugs and issues there as well, although it is usually recommended to post bug reports as comments on the relevant mod or game page (or a specific game or mod forum if one exists, not general DBolical forums).
There are also hidden forums related to deleted and spammy threads where bad threads usually end up (as some are perma-deleted rather than soft-deleted).
Edited by: feillyne