It's a useful utility by Unkle Mike for Quake 1 modders. It's based on original MD2V code by Mete Ciragan, so it supports many features of famous Half-Life Model Viewer. Must have thing, just try it! Updated at November, 1st of 2018. Press "Read more..." for details.
Though the version is marked as alpha, it's a fully-functional software. But report, if you find any problem.
Some of it's features:
1. Support of (hopefully) any model for Quake 1.
2. Model normals' visualization.
3. Automatical detection of viewmodels and switching them into first-person mode.
4. Ability to change a color of remap-textures for models and test how they work (player.mdl only).
5. Embedded editor, allowing to adjust eye position and center of a model.
6. Editor of global flags with detailed description.
7. Ability to show, import & export UV-maps, like in Jed's HLMV.
8. All viewer's settings are storing into Windows registry, so you don't have to adjust them every time.
9. MSAA is enabled for viewer's window.
10. Interpolation of animations.
11. Ability to show viewmodels on the left side (though most of Quake viewmodels are centered).
12. Zoom & distance auto-adjusting, depending on a size of a model.
13. Ability to adjust the model's origin, to make the model stay on a floor (all Quake models have an offset for -24 units).
P. S. If you also use Xash3D Model Viewer (aka Paranoia 2 Model Viewer) v1.30 by Unkle Mike, put both programs in the same folder, they will detect MDL type (Quake or Half-Life) automatically and open a file in corresponding program.
The list of changes:
- first pre-alpha version
- fixed crash
- fixed errors in sequence forming
- additional information about group animations
- fixed bug of saving a model
- fixed a bug with loading of textures for models in PAK-files
- added missed file associations to open various file types from PAK-files with a double click (also actual for Paranoia 2 Model Viewer)