Hey guys, Thanks for checking out the first public release of our game Magnesian. Build 1.0 is going to be a learning process for us - we're releasing this for assessment purposes, but we're also keen to get some feedback from you guys. Think of this one as us testing the waters.
NOTE: INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION
Build 1.0 Features:- Single player, side-scrolling puzzle platformer.
- Abstract magnetism - magnetic objects have a single charge (+/-) and can be manipulated with 2 tools/weapons.
- Explorative / Sandbox gameplay; discover the true power of RP-1's magnetic abilities through experimentation. Puzzles are open and often have multiple solutions.
- Charge Beam: Fire beams of positive or negative polarised energy; interact with objects in the environment.
- Switch Beam: Fire projectiles that will toggle the polarity of a magnetic object on impact.
Build 1.0 Content:
- Main story level set in the lower depths of Magnesia's industrial sector.
- 2 Tutorial levels (Basic & Advanced).
- 5 Delivery Challenge levels (Jungle, Fields, Heavy Grav, Twin, Dark). Shorter levels in which the player must take a magnetised charge ball to the end.
- 1 Gauntlet Challenge level (Short Run). Shorter level in which the player must race through the obstacles while avoiding numerous security systems.
Although we are proud of the release, there are some notable elements missing from the game. If you are confused about any aspect of the gameplay please check out the Readme that's included with the download. We are currently hard at work on the next version and would like to hear what you guys think - what do you want to see included, what's missing, what needs to be tweaked? Your feedback is priceless.
What's to come in 1.1:- Adjustable settings (resolution, sensitivity, etc).
- Trophy system / achievements for challenge completion times.
- Introduction to levels, better explaining objectives & setting.
- End level notifications (currently just going back to the menu)
- Reworked menu system
- Controller/gamepad support
- Extra challenge levels
- Anything else we can fit in or that you guys point outCheers,
The PineApple Fish team.