Bringing together puzzle and action elements in side-scrolling platform style, MAGNESIAN is a showcase of fresh mechanics, utilising the physics and visual power of UDK. The industrial world is brought to life through detailed graphics and deep set pieces, creating a unique and immersive gameplay experience.
Inheriting the magnetic abilities of robot guardian RP-1, players are able to fire polarised energy from their hands, as well as fire projectiles that change the sign of magnetic objects in the environment. The gameplay, based on the simple yet extensive mechanics of attraction and repulsion, are easy to understand yet difficult to master.
The robot world is vast, varied and detailed. The city of Magnesia is a maze-like metropolis of complex puzzles and decayed pathways, with many objects left magnetised. Timing, logic, and a fair dose of polarised energy will be all that RP-1 needs to escape.
PineApple Fish are a group of dedicated indie/student developers from Brisbane Australia. The team has been working on the game part time for just under a year, 6 months in the development phase and 4 months so far in production.
For more information, media & downloads visit pineapplefishstudios.com
PineApple Fish, a team of student developers based in Brisbane Australia, have released Magnesian 1.0. Bringing together puzzle and action elements in side-scrolling platform style, Magnesian is a showcase of fresh mechanics, utilizing the physics and visual power of UDK. The industrial world is brought to life through detailed graphics and deep set pieces, creating a unique and immersion gameplay experience.
Build 1.0 Features:
- Single player, side-scrolling puzzle platformer.
- Abstract magnetism - magnetic objects have a single charge (+/-) and can be manipulated with 2 tools/weapons.
- Exploratory / Sandbox gameplay; discover the true power of RP-1's magnetic abilities through experimentation. Puzzles are open and often have multiple solutions.
- Charge Beam: Fire beams of positive or negative polarized energy; interact with objects in the environment.
- Switch Beam: Fire projectiles that will toggle the polarity of a magnetic object on impact.
Build 1.0 Content:
- Main story level set in the lower depths of Magnesia's industrial sector.
- 2 Tutorial levels (Basic & Advanced).
- 5 Delivery Challenge levels (Jungle, Fields, Heavy Grav, Twin, Dark). Shorter levels in which the player must take a magnetised charge ball to the end.
- 1 Gauntlet Challenge level (Short Run). Shorter level in which the player must race through the obstacles while avoiding numerous security systems.
The game has been in the production phase for about 4 months now, and we are happy to release our current build. This version is all about us testing the waters and seeing what works. So check out the game and let us know what you think, any feedback is greatly appreciated.
October through November Indie Game 2010 Releases.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Hey guys, Thanks for checking out the first public release of our game Magnesian. Build 1.0 is going to be a learning process for us - we're releasing...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
looks really nice :)
you have my "10"! hard to put in words why this game is so freakin awesome!
I'm having trouble getting the game to run. The Magnesian title splash screen will display, and I can see UDK.exe running in Task Manager (using ~122MB RAM), but not using any CPU cycles. Eventually I have to manually shut down the UDK.exe process.
Has to be one of the most fantastic visual styles for a side-scroller that I've seen in some time !
Man this game is sexy! :D
I really like the style and the amount of effort put in to the Z-depth or parallax or whichever term you prefer. Great job, definitely going to keep my eye on this :)
This looks awesome.
I really like the magnetism mechanic.
Man I can't wait to play the game! Is it available to download soon?
just waiting for the authorisation.. *looks at watch impatiently* haha