Hey Retro fans. My name is Joe and I am the Lead Artist behind Retro Drive. I will do a blog in the future about how we came up with this idea, but for now I will start in the middle (because that always makes sense). Retro Drive, A driving game based behind the genre Retro Wave. Drawing from the expressive neon glows to the therapeutic sounds that originate. Here we have brought it all together to create one immersive driving experience that will absorb you back into atmosphere of the 80s, and take you on a journey to an alternate future.
- The turning needs to be obvious and not too aggressive, whilst allowing the player long flat stretches of road where they can take a moment to let it all in.
- Other parts such as obstacles (in a later post) need to stand out so that the player doesn't forget that they are there.
- Turns also enable the ability to show the player something new, a new path and even a new place to explore.
- The level design diversity is important, and so we are going to work on a way to give something new and fresh to the player.
- We also added some lore to the game.
Let us know what you think so far, see something that could represent your company or game in one of our many advertisement billboards? Get in touch!
To make sure you're up to date with the latest content make sure you track this game. Thank you for reading. If you have any questions just leave a comment below and we will get back to you. Also follow us on Twitter!