An addon that adds additional time to the train crash jump sequence around the main campaign's midpoint. Nothing major, just 10-20 extra seconds of time with no cameras to distract you.
The jumping-from-a-crashed-train-before-it-collapses-down-the-cliff part is not really that big of a problem for some, but for others, it could be a playthrough killer.
The time given to you to escape is set quite exact, and while suspenseful and tense in the beginning when you first try, it could get frustrating if you're not an expert on CoF's movement mechanics.
The camera that shows the train collapsing around the midpoint also contributed to the time taken, meaning those 6 seconds spent showing the train slipping a little could actually be used for the player to focus on escaping instead.
So, that's what I did, I increased the delay before the train crash event starts to give players extra time to start off their jumps, and removed the cameras so that the players won't get distracted while focusing on their swift escape.
It's still tricky, but for ones who find the jumping difficult, it might be a good thing to have.
- Saves made after you got to the train crash sequence (c_bridge.bsp) will not work with this addon.
You can still load the maps, but the changes won't appear.
- If you had skipped the cutscene before the train crash sequence start, there might be a possibility that the cutscene bars could get stuck on the screen.
The cameras that activate at the sequence's midpoint could resolve that, but since I remove that, the only way to get rid of the bars is to save and reload.
- Increased the delay before the train crash sequence start by about 15 seconds.
- Removed cameras that show the train slipping, adding an additional 6 seconds to the timer.
- Extract "CoF_TheDelayedFall.7z" anywhere.
- Go to your Cry of Fear installation folder.
- Find the "cryoffear" folder.
- Make a backup of the files in case you want to restore them, as unlike my CCs, these does replace original files.
- Copy/cut the extracted folders in there and overwrite when asked.
- That's it, you should now have an additional +15-20 seconds to escape the train plus not having a camera to distract you.