• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Typical wait time for "admin check & verify" on Step 9 Publishing (Groups : Desura : Forum : Developer Discussion : Typical wait time for "admin check & verify" on Step 9 Publishing) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 10 2013 Anchor

Wondering if anyone knows the typical number of days for admins to check and verify uploaded MCF releases for a game? Or perhaps there is no typical time and it just depends on how busy everyone is.

My Windows branch release has been up for 5 days, Linux up for only a day (since I misunderstood what should be included in the MCF). The game was approved early last week and this is the first release of MCFs for it BTW. I'm mostly asking so that I can schedule other work I need to do accordingly.

Thanks for any info!

Jun 30 2013 Anchor

Looking to hear the same answer!

Jun 30 2013 Anchor

My release files were checked and the game released last week! There's probably no "typical" time since it likely depends on how many new release MCF files & archives are in the queue along with updates to existing games.

Being a newbie, I made a few mistakes. These notes may help other new developers on the site:

• You need branch release MCF files for each platform your game runs on AND "standalone installers" for each platform.
  • Since my game is for Windows + Linux, I needed 4 files total (2 MCF and 2 standalone)
  • The term "standalone installer" kind of threw me off at first, since I imagined I'd need to create or find one of those wizard type installers that walks the user through the process. It turns out a simple archive file is OK, too.
  • So for my game I uploaded 1) Full Windows "branch" MCF, 2) Full Linux "branch" MCF, 3) Windows standalone .zip archive and 4) standalone Linux .tar.gz
Jul 18 2013 Anchor

You can use installers or archives, yeah. it's whatever they'll download direct. *technically* you don't need standalones, if you want the game only available through the client.... but I prefer to make em available for those people who hate any game client.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.