• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Steam Marines 8.0.3a update not available (Groups : Desura : Forum : Application Windows : Steam Marines 8.0.3a update not available) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 1 2013 Anchor

Hi I am new to desura. I bought Steam Marines after the 8.0.3a update. but the downloaded game is 8.0.2a. I see no obvious way to update. I tried reinstalling. Also contacted developer and at this point he is pointing me to you. I have windows 64 bit which he says it runs on. Would like to get this update since 8.0.3a has the tutorial and I don't know the game :-)
In addition the only downloads I am offered on the gam'es page are identified explicitly as 8.0.2a So I am not even being offered it as a download. The developer alluded to a curly update arrow but I see no such thing. Where should I? On the play menu? I don't see it.

Edited by: lhughes41

Nov 5 2013 Anchor

Same "problem" here. I'm still at version 0.8.2a.

Nov 22 2013 Anchor

And now Desura has the full front page devoted to the Steam Marines sale, yet STILL NO UPDATE. I went to the forums, wrote some comments here, and sent Desura an email and now I wait.

This is BAD business and I have fallen for this routine before with Desura. Loading their precious client won't help, either. The game is stuck at v8.2a and I have to red flag this game as a BUYER'S REMORSE NIGHMARE like Dredmor was. If you have a Steam account, you can use your key over there as the developer doesn't care about Desura users anymore as he's Greenlit. Unacceptable practices. Boycotted product along with Steam. Desura is also third on that list. No more game purchases here as the games NEVER get updated once they make the Steam catalog.

Edited by: Shardz

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.