• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Poll: How often does Desura get stuck at 99% or less downloading files? (87 votes)
Is Desura really this bad? 99% Download / Install stuck - 3rd PC over two years of trying. Cmon man... (Groups : Desura : Forum : General Discussion : Is Desura really this bad? 99% Download / Install stuck - 3rd PC over two years of trying. Cmon man...) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 21 2013 Anchor

I had this issue everytime on my last 2 PC's, and since this is my 3rd PC and it's STILL an issue. I feel I need to post about it.

While a google search will show umpteen threads about this issue, it bears repeating. Desura often (every single time for me) just gets stuck at 99% loading and sits there forever not finishing the install lprocess.

Now I LOVE open source, and I appreciate what Desura is tring to do. But the software has been completely unreliable and highly annoying. This kind of issue needs resolved asap, should be #1 priority.

There's plenty more folks like me who just don't use it when stuff like this happens and never say anything because they can't be bothered. I just am annoyed enough the 3rd time round to post, otherwise it's uninstalled and forgotten.

Sep 26 2013 Anchor

I reached this thread looking for a solution to my downloads getting stuck. If desura didn't actually resume where it left off last time, I wouldn't be able to play a SINGLE game on it, since my downloads get stuck multiple times per game. It has started to annoy me as I am using this platform more lately. Is there ANYTHING that i can do about this?

Sep 26 2013 Anchor

my game gets to a point and then freezes.somebody tell me what is going on.

simon pells

Oct 17 2013 Anchor

There is no support for Desura because it's ran by idiots. There are literally thousands of people who installed this game, bought games in bundle packs, and then realized they are STUCK VALIDATING or INSTALLING the game files and there is never a solution so they just uninstall Desura and nobody comes back to this crap app. It's one disaster after another. If you buy bundle packs I'd suggest from now on just downloading the DRM free stand alone PC version and playing it that way and bypass Desura. Desura is getting beyond ridiculous from all the issues people are having and there is NO SUPPORT what so ever.

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

Actually Epicfish, Desura is run by idiots. They can't even properly update their client without the launcher crashing. It's a worthless service, and a petty waste of time. Glad to say I won't be purchasing anything on here ever again.

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

I can see why people have problems with Desura and I wish it was run and managed by people who care more. I like this little client but it's got it's fair share of issues.

Nov 30 2013 Anchor

Isn't the client open source? one wolud think SOMEBODY would try to improve it.....

Nov 30 2013 Anchor

Tried downloading Mortal Online because their website insisted I use Desura. Never again. 10gig and a number of hours later, stuck at 99%. Wait another hour. 99%. Pause and resume. Nothing. Restart client. Game is suddenly non existent. Thank you for successfully wasting my time.

Jan 16 2014 Anchor

Desura is crap. Never managed to make one game works. And like me, many people. Guys, move out from here, its a mess.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.