• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Failed to decompress buffer [68,-3] (Groups : Desura : Forum : General Discussion : Failed to decompress buffer [68,-3]) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 17 2012 Anchor

"There was an error during the MCF install process and it has been stopped.
Failed to decompress buffer [68,-3]"

I receive this error every time when trying to install any game. This happens after the client finishes downloading the game. What does that mean and how do I fix this? Thanks.

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

Same here...I have about 20 games now that I can't install due to this error. I tried reinstalling desura, deleted cache folder, and disabled antivirus.
Win8 x64, i7-3930K, 64gb ram

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

I am having trouble with this very issue. If somone has any information on how to fix this, we would be most appreciative.

Sep 23 2013 Anchor

Files support issue, no response in over a month...guess I'm just not meant to use desura...

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

If you go into the Desura/cache folder and delete everything, that will sometimes temporarily fix the problem, key words being 'sometimes' and 'temporarily'.

Also, turning off "Clean MCFs after use" seems to help a little.

Seeing this problem is from 2012, there is no excuse for this still happening. Every time I install a game on Desura, there's a 50/50 chance of getting a random error message, and there seems to be literally NO support.

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Does anyone know what the MCF does?

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

This is now happening to me 100% of the time and Desura is completely useless. Does anyone at the company actually read any of this? Are there ANY plans to fix any of the endless problems with this service, or do we all need to stop using it now?

EDIT: I managed to fix it. Copying my games folder and deleting and reinstalling everything. I can now reinstall games. I didn't want to do that, though, because now all my favorites are gone and all my games are marked as uninstalled. I also can't help but think this is just going to happen again.

Edited by: Perseid

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.