• Register

Keep up with the latest news on the ever-growing number of game bundles, bargains and deals across the interwebs. Know of a deal we don't? Let us know - member participation is welcomed! Join us in our active forums for the most up-to-the-minute bargain news, rumours, and views.

Forum Thread
Humble Indie Bundle 5 (Groups : Bundeals : Forum : Indie Bundles : Humble Indie Bundle 5) Locked
Thread Options
ifss
ifss "Entitled" Cheapskate
May 31 2012 Anchor

Humble Indie Bundle 5 is launching later today. * edit - it's live now: Humblebundle.com

It contains:
Limbo (aaargh, just bought it)
Psychonauts (aaaaaaargh, just recently bought it)
Amnesia (aaaaaaaaaaaargh, just recently bought it)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery

The beat the average game is Bastion.

Considering Limbo, Psychonauts and Amnesia have recently been on sale, it'll be interesting to see how well this one does with Windows users. (* edit - very well, apparently)

Source:
Cdr.thebronasium.com
Cdr.thebronasium.com

* edit - so HiB have stopped providing Desura keys, so Linux users had no game libraries for the games in the bundles, which has been pretty crappy. But instead of re-instating Desura keys, they've instead added keys for the Ubuntu Software Centre... What. The. Fuck. :flame:

Edited by: ifss

May 31 2012 Anchor

Beside those facts, I hope you admit that it's a great bundle.
Even if I already have Bastion and Amnesia, I think it's an excellent buy!
But when I saw Limbo on this bundle I immediately thought of you. ;) I saw on Steam that you recently bought it at the last mid-week sale...

ifss
Jun 1 2012 Anchor

Gardakan wrote: But when I saw Limbo on this bundle I immediately thought of you. ;) I saw on Steam that you recently bought it at the last mid-week sale...

lol, yeah - Steam has been putting on sale a few indie games right before they go into a bundle (they recently done that with Gemini Rue and the Ben & Dan games) - I for one am going to start being wary about the timing of Steam deals.

Gardakan wrote: Beside those facts, I hope you admit that it's a great bundle.

It's pretty good on the games - but as a Linux user, I'm very disappointed in some aspects of this bundle.

I was wrong above about this bundle's popularity with Windows users - guess not many had been getting these games in the sales.

But I don't expect this bundle to be any more popular with Linux users as the Botanicula Bundle was (where it was unpopular as Botanicula runs poorly on the unsupported & abandoned Adobe Air), as it's turning out that Limbo hasn't been ported, but is instead running in a Wine wrapper, and has crap performance. Going by comments all over the interwebs, quite a few don't want to support that in case it sets a precedent.

Then there's the Desura support - dropping a multiplatform service that worked across all Linux distributions, in favour of the Ubuntu Software Center, that only works on, erm, Ubuntu Linux, is a good way to make a lot of Linux users feel like 2nd class citizens.

I always go on about how the Humble Bundle set the bar so high for bundles, that no other bundle has a chance of competing with them unless they adopt the same practices.

However, as the HiB gains more popularity, they seem to be going backwards and are starting to lower the bar themselves, with shoddy cross-platform support, lack of Desura, no more source code releases, etc.

No longer 'humble', but seeming very corporate...

I hope the trend doesn't continue.

/rant

Edited by: ifss

--

Jun 1 2012 Anchor

ok i have every game on this bundle except Superbrothers(which i want)

Do i need to pay above the minimum to get HiB 4 (not HiB5) i want the old bundle. We discussed this before but i don't remember.

--

ifss
Jun 1 2012 Anchor

doctor_roxo wrote: Do i need to pay above the minimum to get HiB 4 (not HiB5) i want the old bundle. We discussed this before but i don't remember.

Only if you buy it after the bonus games are added.

--

Jun 1 2012 Anchor

ok. so... you know what i'll just get it for above the minimum i guess. i asked on the steam group if anyone had HiB 4 key to trade for this one but i'll just get this and hope they give away HiB 4 later...

--

ifss
Jun 7 2012 Anchor

Guess Humble Bundle Inc have decided that they are rolling in so much money, that they don't need to include HiB 4 in this one. Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor have been added as bonuses.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.