• Register

This group has been formed to gather the people who enjoy Japanese anime and all of its facets, to salute the people from the land of the Rising Sun.

Forum Thread
The Top 5 Best Anime Thread! (Groups : Anime Fans of modDB : Forum : Anime : The Top 5 Best Anime Thread!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 25 2010 Anchor

Ok everyone, I thought it would be fun if we all post our top 5 favorite anime of all time

Perhaps one of us will find a gem that they somehow overlooked :)

My Top 5 (In no particular order):
1. Eureka 7
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Tenchi Muyo (classic, classic harem ... I first watched it with the controversial "digi-kini" and iI still loved it ... I didn't even know about that "digi-kini" until years later ... that info really helped explain why tenchi was so embarrassed in that one bath scene though ... LOL)
4. Ghost in the Shell (The mechanical design art alone ... ahhh ... so fucking beautiful!)
5. Full Metal Panic! (possibly Toradora! should be here instead ... that series was just ... so ... so extremely ... "kawaii" T_T ... it definitely touches the heart)

This is kinda hard... It's like picking out your favorite children :paranoid: ... I picked these simply on which ones left me seriously depressed over the fact the series is over :P ... Eureka 7 was probably #1 ... but im not sure if that's simply because I finished watching that the night before I was moving out of the dorms (maybe i already was in a depressed mood)

Honorable mentions:
Golden Boy (not so much sad it was over, but it was HILARIOUS when i watched it)
Outlaw Star
School Rumble
Toradora!
Great Teacher Onizuka

Oct 26 2010 Anchor

Like i already said on the group page, i really don't have a "most" anime, but ave a big mix (really open minded in terms of 'liking' anime)

Some of them worth noting are:
- Ghost in the Shell - Everyting in it feels believable, and gotta love the tachikomas :3
- Hellsing - Pure unic in it's own vampire way.
- Trigun - The settings of 'cowboyish' on a future distant planet give it a realyl good touch, and Vash is awesome.
- Lucky Star - Kawaii girls daily talks, can't really think about other reason.
- K-On - idk wh i loved it so much, there isn't much to it, but the main cast does give lot's of good.. feel.
- Haruhi Suzumia - Haruhi, her atitude is simply... to melt for :3

Edited by: CloneWarrior85

Oct 26 2010 Anchor

lol, you two gotta be more specific.

Ghost in the Shell has
-two anime movies by Mamoru Oshii
-SAC TV series + sac movie

Hellsing has
-TV series
-OVA series

Oct 26 2010 Anchor

Blaze_K wrote: lol, you two gotta be more specific.

Ghost in the Shell has
-two anime movies by Mamoru Oshii
-SAC TV series + sac movie

Hellsing has
-TV series
-OVA series

No! I refuse to be specific at all! The generality was meant to be on purpose because I don't want to pick >_> ...

(Tenchi Muyo and Full Metal Panic could also be split up into several different series ... especially tenchi muyo ...)

Edited by: Assaultman67

Oct 27 2010 Anchor

Mine is
-DBZ
-Naruto
-Bleach
-Inuyasha
-Full Metal

Oct 27 2010 Anchor

Ah shit ... Trigun ... I feel as if that needs to be in my top 5 somehow but i don't know which one to replace -_- ...

--

User Posted Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Oct 28 2010 Anchor

-sword of the stranger
-spirited away
-the sky crawler
-samurai x
-trigun

Oct 28 2010 Anchor

No! I refuse to be specific at all!

no problem dude. i just saw an opportunity to introduce other works of those universes, in case you or clonewarior didn't know about them.

Edited by: Blaze_K

Nov 17 2010 Anchor

Holy shit ... i just realized Gurren Lagann didn't even make it onto my honorable mention list ... how did I miss that?!?

but im watching the english dubbed version right now and they fucking BUTCHERED kamina ... he just lacks the passion in his voice that the original had ... his voice actor is just too mellow sounding ... watch the subbed if possible.

In the original you knew he was kinda an idiot but his passion to defeat his opponents made it hard not to look up to him.

The english voice just makes him sound more like a dumbass rather than blindly passionate.

Edited by: Assaultman67

Dec 10 2010 Anchor

My top 5 best animes:
-Gurren Lagann - one word: EPIC
-Macross Frontier - love the actions here :D
-Baka to Test to Shokanjuu - it's just hilarious.. I don't know what else to say xD
-Blassreiter - nice story and animation, but the ending dissapoints me :(
-Kodomo No Jikan - okay, I know it's lolicon, but I watch it for the plot :P

Dec 13 2010 Anchor

-Bleach
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-Clannad
-LuckyStar
-Hellsing

Dec 29 2010 Anchor

I guess I'll add my list:
1. Stratos 4 (and all the OVAs)
2. Inuyasha
3. Detective Conan (and a few movies)
4. Ristorante Paradiso
5. Lupin the III

Dec 30 2010 Anchor

wow, i haven't even heard of three of those ... I hope you have the same tastes as me (ill check it out later right now im watching "Heat Guy J" which is kinda meh ...)

--

User Posted Image

Feb 18 2011 Anchor

Damm its hard to pick.

In no order:
Lucky Star.
Clannad.
Darker than Black.
Haruhi Suzumiya
K-on ( I havent finished it yet so its shares a spot with Ghost in the shell)

Feb 21 2011 Anchor

my top 5 are

1.strike witches
2.BLEACH
3.ghost in the shell series
4.k-on
5.lucky star
6.the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

Feb 26 2011 Anchor

=-=Top 3=-=

1. CLANNAD- made me look at life differently.
2. Toradora- Same as above. Both are
3.DB/Z- I jsut really like this

Mar 5 2011 Anchor

Havent seen these two but i am thinking about watching them:

--

User Posted Image

Mar 5 2011 Anchor

Gunslinger Girl is what I have seen, but the other one, nope...
The only problem I found when watching GG, is that it makes you think that there is a gratuitous amount of guns and gun play but, don't hold me to this, I really didn't think that there was enough of that... The plot wasn't bad, but it also wasn't a diamond in the rough...

Mar 6 2011 Anchor

Witch Hunter Robin is fairly good.
though it's far from being a pure action anime, and some episodes may feel boring for people who expect action. If you want anime about brave squad slaying the hordes of evil creatures, WHR is not for you. On the other hand if you enjoy anime that a sort of dark (not disturbingly dark, but still) mood, a fair amount of action, lots of mystery, some romance and some slice of life - you'll probably like it.

drawings are sloppy sometimes but the atmosphere is quite good.
Plot is ok, it has some cliches (and cliche twists) but nothing too annoying.

Gunslinger Girl - was rather meh for me.
i managed to watch it whole in the past, but i can't really recall any major event from it, so i guess it didn't make a big impression on me.
maybe that's because learning about lives and problems of little girls doesn't feel interesting to me.

cos that's what this anime is about - a story of a group of girls trying to be "normal" despite being destined to serve government as deadly weapons.
So we got here a quite cliche contrast of kids' innocence and their lethality.

Mar 30 2011 Anchor

my top 5 in order
1. to love ru
2. amagami ss
3. this ugly yet beautiful world
4. asobi ni iku yo
5. kaichou wa maid-sama
this is my top 5 i'm someone who loves love-romance animes i don't know why but i like them
some of you have animes i've never seen before now i can look for those animes

Mar 30 2011 Anchor

You must watch toradora!

--

User Posted Image

Mar 31 2011 Anchor

Assaultman67 wrote: You must watch toradora!

i've watched it already i personally think it is a great show but not for my top 5 more for a top 10 place 7 at first it was on place 2 but then came the others sorry

Mar 31 2011 Anchor

Hmm ... maybe tenchi muyo then?

--

User Posted Image

Apr 1 2011 Anchor

i've watched about 8 eps it isn't my cup of tea i'm looking at the show (but still it is good) i like it when it is more about real life problems
i know that to love ru is in the same genre and asobi and uybw is too they are more involved in drama and slice of life
thanks for the feedback we should be friends you could give me advice in all animes in the love\romance departement

Apr 2 2011 Anchor

Yea, i cant really help you ... i watched some "to love ru" to figure out what you would like :P ... (but there does seem to be a high content of ... ecchi :P)

Perhaps Rosario + Vampire? Although its not too real life :P ...

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.