Wyrmsun is an open-source RTS game which features elements of mythology, history and fiction.
In the Wyrmsun universe a myriad of inhabited planets exist. Humans dwell on Earth, while dwarves inhabit Nidavellir and elves nourish the world of Alfheim. These peoples struggle to carve a place for themselves with their tools of stone, bronze and iron. And perhaps one day they will meet one another, beyond the stars...
Get Wyrmsun for free on Steam!
- Retro-style graphics
- 2 playable civilizations, and a number of non-playable ones
- 23 quests to play, earning technology points which can be used to obtain new units, buildings and technologies
- 39 units, 32 buildings and 21 technologies
- Personal names and traits for units
- Units can earn experience, being able to upgrade to new unit types or acquire new abilities upon level-up
- Persistent heroes, who carry over their level, abilities and items throughout scenarios
- Possibility to create your own custom persistent heroes
- Normal, magic-enchanted and unique items drop from enemies
- Cave, Conifer Forest, Dungeon, Fairlimbed Forest and Swamp tilesets
- Dozens of maps of real and fictional locations to choose from, as well as random maps
- Living environment, with fauna reproduction and predation
- Very moddable game, with mod-loading capability built in
- Grand strategy mode, where production is resolved on the strategic (world map) level, while battles are resolved on the tactical level
- In-game encyclopedia, allowing players to learn more about the units, buildings and other elements of the game, as well as their historical and mythological sources of inspiration
Wyrmsun 2.0.0 is now out! This patch brings major changes to the game, such as the addition of spearmen, of readable scrolls (which provide slight permanent bonuses to heroes), and the addition of 42 new music pieces which Marcelo Fernandez kindly contributed to Wyrmsun!
And the biggest news: Wyrmsun is now free on Steam! And together with the release of this patch, we have launched two new DLCs, the Frankish Faction Flair Pack and the Brising Faction Flair Pack. Players had already bought the game on Steam have automatically been granted the DLCs for free.
The Brising Faction Flair Pack adds news graphics when playing the dwarven Brising Clan, such as their volcanic smithy.
The Frankish Faction Flair Pack enhances Frankish factions with graphics specific to their culture, such as new unit portraits.
In addition, the base game now counts with the addition of spearmen for both civilizations, who are cheaper than swordsmen and axemen and have a bonus against cavalry, but are less armored and deal less damage. Your heroes may now also find scrolls dropped from enemies, which when read grant small permanent bonuses. For example: finding a scroll containing a dwarven poem about the slaying of a mythical wyrm will grant your hero a 1% damage bonus against wyrms.
With the game being made free on Steam, we will no longer provide builds on IndieDB.
This new version features a few bugfixes, some graphic updates, and an automatic battles option for the grand strategy mode.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.