• Register

Tellus is a game that challenges players to improve the global quality of life through the development of a sustainable global society.

Forum Thread
Known Bugs (Updated 12/16/2011) (Games : Tellus: Save the Earth : Forum : Bug Reports : Known Bugs (Updated 12/16/2011)) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 16 2011 Anchor

Hello, I figured it would be a good idea for the developers of Tellus to let everyone know of all of the bugs that we are aware of, and the expected time that these bugs will be fixed.

Remember, If you know of a bug that is not on this list, let us know! We really appreciate all the help we can get!

Bugs will be shown in red. Fixed bugs will be shown in green.
If a bug is listed as Fixed (green), then it will be fixed in the next build.

The current build is 2/1/2012, Available at www.playtell.us.

GUI Bugs

• The options menu is not currently active on the Main menu. If you wish to change settings in game, then the in-game options menu works fine.
  • There is some slight clipping of the menu header on the main menu. This only appears when run at a higher resolution.
  • The GUI tabs within the tutorial do not all scale properly with different resolutions.
  • Some text is cut off from the months in the top left.
  • The currency Icon is not displayed properly.
  • The stats box from the World View is not aligned properly, and does not correctly represent a spot for the region name. Expect a fix soon.
  • The region info boxes are empty. We have designers and artists working on these assets. Expect a fix soon.
  • The pause menu scales too large.
  • Some region hopping text might not show correctly in higher resolutions.
  • Hospitals might appear grey in North America.

Game-play Bugs

• Region health might spike above 100%
  • Some tech tree upgrades need to be adjusted.
  • Some tech tree timers need to be adjusted.
  • Income needs to be adjusted. Expect a fix with the drainage system.
  • The tutorial can bug out if not followed precisely. Expect a fix soon.
  • Some building timers are not represented correctly in the UI. Expect a fix with the new timer system.

Art/Effects Bugs

• Cities can be seen through with the correct camera angle.
  • The sun flare in planet view fades slowly.
  • Some specular maps might not be represented correctly on 64-bit machines.
  • Some textures might load slowly on some machines.
  • Text is shown behind the Coal Power Plants.
  • The "Halo" around the earth which is set to represent atmosphere is too bright on Fantastic Settings.

Other Bugs

• The in-game bug reporter is not functioning correctly. Please report all bugs to these forums.
  • The credits on the info page are outdated. Expect a fix soon.

Remember, if you find a bug that's not on this list, REPORT IT!
I'll keep this as up to date as I can.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

-Donny, Programmer for Tellus.

Edited by: bobwillneverdie

Jan 31 2012 Anchor

GUI BUG:
Region Energy

It is possible to go over the limit for the regions energy. The yellow bar also goes off the screen.

How to recreate: Build a lot of energy generating building

Jan 31 2012 Anchor

Main Menu Bugs:

• The update @playtell.us pop-up in the main menu links the player to the same message as the Info tab. I am not sure where the @playtell.us pop-up link should bring the player, but the information presented is already in the Info tab. Should the @playtell.us link bring the player to the actual website? If so, then this does not work.
  • The load game in-game pop-up menu gets cut off when played on lower resolutions. It works fine on the larger settings.

Tutorial Bugs:

• If the player ignores the tutorial prompts to continue with the on-screen tutorial and decides to zoom into South American instead, and then zooms back out to the world view, the tutorial prompts disappear and the player cannot continue the tutorial.
  • When continuing the tutorial and the text box appears for the Energy tab of the GUI, the text box contains the phrase, "[new text box]". This seems to be some sort of typing error.
  • When on higher resolutions, the Quality of Life text box for the tutorial is cut off a little bit. All of the text in the box appear on screen and are readable, but the next button is cut off a little bit. The word next on the next button cannot be seen, but the player can still click the button and continue the tutorial.

Main Game Bugs:

• If you go to the menu options and hit the main menu, the game does not prompt the player if he/she wants to save their current progress. Instead, it brings you back to the main menu and the player loses all of the progress they had up to this event.
  • Under the menu option while playing the game, the player cannot save their game. When the save button is pressed, nothing happens and if the player exits back to the main menu, the load game option does not work and they cannot load any previous data.
  • Under the menu option while playing the game and into the settings sub-option, the general tab has nothing to edit under its tab. This seems to be a waste of space and an unnecessary tab in the settings menu.

Game Play Bugs:

• The zoom option that the game allows seems unnecessary because all of the game play can be seen and done from a set zoomed position. Being able to zoom in just allows the player to cut through buildings and see the low resolution of the textures on the building, trees, and the other 3d models.
Jan 31 2012 Anchor

Art Bugs:

• When zoomed in on some region or areas, scrolling to the edge of it, you can see a line, or "seem" just before the clouds.
  • You can also see the seem on the left side of the Global View while moving the camera around it.
  • Text shows behind the Geothermal Power Plant as well.
  • While demolishing an Industry farm, The plow goes through the plants that are on the building platform.
  • While building a Wind Farm in Western South America, the animation for construction was completely covered by the dust effects.

Game play bugs:

• If you move backwards and move backward at the same time the game lags for a second.
VarCryne
VarCryne Seth May
Jan 31 2012 Anchor

Gameplay Bugs

• The ‘next’ button is cut off at the bottom of the ‘quality of life’ box, if one plays within windowed mode.

• Within the tutorial, more specifically the energy tab, a text box appears containing the phrase “[new text box].”

Art Bugs

• The Yellow bar can actually go off the screen. Therefore, it is possible to topple the limit for a region’s energy.

Sorry if this is duplicating, I know Devin and jparr already posted their play testing notes, and these are the only ones I have discovered.

Edited by: VarCryne

Feb 2 2012 Anchor

Main Menu:

• The update@playtell.us that pops up at the main menu. When clicked the link would bring you to the info section of the game.
  • The next bug I found was that the info page just stops scrolling and doesn't do anything else after the credits are done.

Art:

• The art animation when destroying buildings. The building whose animation I found to be bugged was the wind powered building. When I destroyed a wind powered building while the game was paused the destroy animation would go until it was finished. When you go to the world view and then back to the area where you were just at the animation starts back from the beginning.

Feb 2 2012 Anchor

Art BUG:

When a region or multiple regions are negative in health, a red border surrounds the area.
This red border flashes when clouds pass over them.

Game Settings:

Resolution 1360 x 798
Graphics Quality: Fantastic
Windowed

Feb 2 2012 Anchor

UI Bugs: With lowest setting and resolution
The tutorial is broken on lower resolutions. Various prompts are cut of by the game boarder, which in turn doesn't allow the player to progress forward.

The icons on the system menu are cut off at both ends. It's still fully functional, but takes away from the overall presentation.

The rest of the bugs where removed to prevent duplicates.

Feb 2 2012 Anchor

Art BUG:

While demolishing an Industrial Farm, the grass alphas don't become transparent, leaving black boxes behind.

Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Graphics Quality: Fantastic
Full Screen

Feb 2 2012 Anchor

Build: Tellus PC Alpha patch
Resolution: 1024 x 768

The only bug I found this play through now was:
after going through about 4 different regions, demolish 1 building from each, build 2 farm on one region, and this resulted in my whole game and computer crashing.

Other than that, I found no other bugs.

Feb 3 2012 Anchor

GUI
The health bar for the building that is being built can be seen through the pop up window asking if you want to stop construction
Stop Construction:
It tells you that you do not get your money back but you get most of your money back when you stop the construction

Fairly low priority and severity bugs.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.