Sovereign is a hunting and survival game designed to be a relaxing experience. Similar to real life sport hunting the challenge in Sovereign comes from actually hitting your target. Difficulty is left to the game player in that you can walk up and smack your target with an arrow at close range, but it's more challenging and rewarding to take your time and nail that target from a good distance. The choice is yours. Sovereign also adds the additional element of survival and inventory management. You must keep yourself alive by collecting food from the animals that you kill and retrieve items such as wood to create new arrows so the hunt can continue. Sovereign is an enjoyable game to work on so I expect to continue development of this game by adding additional environments, animals and features as time progresses so check back!
Download Sovereign 1.2 and enjoy new environments and weapon upgrades.
Posted by 133.7 on Sep 29th, 2012
Sovereign version 1.2 is now available for free download! Enjoy new environments to explore and upgrades to increase the effectiveness of your arrows. Use new collectible items to create jars used to contain your new weapon upgrades. Find it easier to hunt with new sound fx and a key to help you determine what collectibles are required to create items.
New in version 1.2:
- Two new environments, The Cavern and The Great Passage.
- Four new collectible items: Sand, Flint, Poison and Oil.
- One new buildable item: Jars are created with wood, flint and sand. Use jars to store poison or oil. - Upgrade your arrows with fire or poison.
- The mouse wheel can be used to swap between arrows.
- A variety of new sound fx.
- The inventory now contains a key to help you determine what is needed to create specific items.
- Windowed mode is now supported.
- A resolution dialog displays during Sovereign startup. This menu can be disabled.
- Arrow selection keys can be mapped through the options menu.
- Options for amount of pixel lamps and particle detail in the display options menu.