• Register

Pokémon3D is a recreation of the old Pokémon games Gold/Silver by Nintendo/GameFreak (but, of course this game has nothing to do with them ;) You're the hero of the game, and as usual, you want to be the best Pokémon trainer of all time. So let's go, visit some grass and catch, battle and defeat wild Pokémon, explore towns and routes in 3D, collect items and Pokémon, play with a friend in LAN co-op and much more. The game is currently under development and features are added frequently.

Forum Thread
Start game 0.15.....Nothing happens (Games : Pokémon3D : Forum : Install/start the game : Start game 0.15.....Nothing happens) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 5 2012 Anchor

Just thought I'd post this here I've seen some people with the same problem

My actions
-Downloaded everything fine, it's all in it's own file (the launcher and game files)
-Run game launcher -clicks run on the warning-
-Start game 0.15
-Mouse does loading animation and launcher closes
-Absolutely nothing happens.....What have I done wrong?

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

I am having this exact same problem... Also I'm trying to run it on Windows 8. Could that be the problem?

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

In the trouble shoot it says "This game is made for Microsoft Windows from XP upwards." So I would assume not, but I'm not sure.

Zalerinian
Zalerinian Indie Dev
Dec 5 2012 Anchor

babygiraffe009 wrote: I am having this exact same problem... Also I'm trying to run it on Windows 8. Could that be the problem?

In my experience, Windows 8 runs the game fine. However, try right clicking the launcher, Pokemon3D.exe, and click on properties. On the Compatibility tab on the pop-up window, try to run it in compatibility with Windows 7.

--

Vanden   I'm making my own game! you should definitely check it out ;) I have weekly updates every Sunday!

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

You need to install .net framework and XNA. Please see his about tab. It's a very simple fix.

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

msudavehill wrote: You need to install .net framework and XNA. Please see his about tab. It's a very simple fix.

I have both of those and the game still does nothing but close the launcher when I click start game.

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

i to have the same problem, gonna try download xna and net and try again then

Dec 5 2012 Anchor

Yep just downloaded XNA and it worked. Thanks

Dec 6 2012 Anchor

The launcher shouldn't be in the same folder as the game files, I made a post on how to start the game properly.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.