• Register

PlaneShift is a Role Playing Game immersed into a 3D virtual fantasy world which is Open Source and FULLY FREE to play. Fully free means you will have no surprises of premium content which will limit your gameplay or unbalance the game. PlaneShift is a non profit organization and is actively seeking developers for bringing the game to the next level of quality and fun! Please post all support issues in the forums for the game.

Forum Thread
Planeshift 64-bit version doesn't start (Games : PlaneShift : Forum : Support : Planeshift 64-bit version doesn't start) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 9 2011 Anchor

I installed the 64-bit version of Planeshift through Desura on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS 64-bit version.

Selecting "Update" launches the Planeshift updater. The updater window says "New version 0.5.7 is out". There's no button to update, but I can press "Repair" and successfully verify that my files are ok. When I press "Play", the updater windows close, and nothing more happens.
I can also select "Play" from Desura, but nothing happens.
I can also select "Launch" from Desura, which gives me a dialog box where I can select "Play" or "Update". "Play" does nothing, as before, and "Update" opens Planeshift's update window, which works as before.

In short, I can't start the game.

I also tried uninstalling the game and installing it manually with the 64-bit Linux installer from PlaneShift's web site, and that worked (although the game froze after a few minutes).

I also tried uninstalling the game from Desura and reinstalling it with the 64-bit Linux installer from PlaneShift's web site, and that worked (although the game froze after a few minutes).

Edited by: AncientIslander

Nov 19 2011 Anchor

I am having the same problem with the 32-bit version.

Nov 19 2011 Anchor

Same.

Nov 26 2011 Anchor

Same problem here. Gives me the settings screen, then nothing.

Nov 29 2011 Anchor

during the first minutes of play the game will build shaders (unfortunately this is a limitation of our graphic engine) so it might look froozen for a bit.
As for the problems from desura I see a file was missing from the previous package but it worked here. Could you try running manually the game from the command line?

Dec 4 2011 Anchor

Same problem while starting it via Desura.
Running it from the command line worked for me.

Dec 11 2011 Anchor

also with 0.5.8.1?

Dec 12 2011 Anchor

Starting 0.5.8.1 direct via Dresura Client works here.

Dec 14 2011 Anchor

good thanks

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.