Based in London, UK
Phoenix Springs is a neo-noir / mystery / point & click game. When Iris finally locates the young man she met in a bar, something is not right. He has become a recluse. He is a billionaire. And, most terrifying of all, he’s dying of old age... Her quest to solve this mystery takes her to Phoenix Springs: a desert oasis, home to a strange community. Under utopian appearances, she soon realises the inhabitants conceal dark secrets that are hard to unveil — and harder to believe.
"One of my pet peeves is the recent trend to call story games "Interactive Movies." They are interactive, but they are not movies. The fact that people want to call them movies just points out how lost we are. What we need to do is to establish a genre for our works that we can call our own." Ron Gilbert
Well, guilty as charged here. Phoenix Springs actually started as a script for a feature film. But it did not feel right. There was too much to explore. Too much lore to uncover. We wanted to spend more time in this oasis. So as fans of adventure games, we began asking ourselves: how could we turn this into a game where the mechanics fit the theme?
Our attempt to answer that question is Phoenix Springs, a point and click game trying to push the boundaries of the genre. With mature themes and an emphasis on exploration and atmosphere, we hope this can bring an exciting new experience to all kinds of players. One that goes beyond the idea of "interactive movies", and inscribes itself in the new generation of "interactive storytelling" games (Firewatch, Dear Esther, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture...)
The game is currently developed in Unity for Windows, Linux and MacOS. An iOS and Android version is also in the works.
We were recently featured by Square Enix Collective on their indie showcase website.
Kickstarter is happening August 1st - 22nd 2017
Get in touch!
- Point and click gameplay
- Mind-bending story
- Mature themes
- Haunting atmosphere
- Branching dialogue
- Rich backstories
- Clear goals
- Memorable characters
- Unique 2D & 3D blended art style
- Logical puzzles
- Exploration & discovery
Phoenix Springs - Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "nicely strange, with more than a touch of Twin Peaks in it"
- James Cunningham, HardcoreGamer.com
- "there is something so mysterious and weird about this game that I can’t help but be interested"
- Tyler Fisher, DualShockers
- "a graphic adventure with a very dark setting, a plethora of mysteries to solve and some interesting twists in the point & click genre"
- Marco Gonzálvez, ZonaRed.com
- "interesting graphics, a complex plot, puzzles and mysteries to solve, lovers of the classic point & click genre should keep an eye on this game"
- Masato Huehara, DGDCNews
- "in the traditional point and click genre, but with an atmosphere that is anything but orthodox"
- Jarod, GameKult
- "mind-boggling story and this game also has some very unusual visuals, it blends comic book styles and cell shading together to create a style that is gorgeous with character and charm!""
- Amy, Square Enix Collective
- ""looks to be story rich and a puzzle lover's dream""
- Ana, GameBoomers
- "The original artwork that has been put forth so far is beautiful and intriguing. This, coupled with the beginnings of an amazing original music score, make Phoenix Springs a game to look forward to"
- Cindy Kyser, Just Adventure
Just three of us really. Working on our first title: Phoenix Springs. Point & click, don't be a d*ck.
More information on calligram, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Phoenix Springs Credits
Writer / Director