If you feel like promoting your favourite indie game while playing your favourite Source game. To use it: unzip the file, start your Source game, press...
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added audience excitement system based on combat events
- Added combat event system so level script can query what is happening
- Added crowd sound that changes based on excitement
- Added script support for looping sounds, and pitch/gain shifting
- Added Elo-inspired player skill ranking and win-probability system
- Added initial intro and outro text for arena career matches
- Added new scriptable Freetype text rendering
- Scroll wheel selection for objects under mouse wheel
- Whoosh sound for missed or dodged attacks
- Fixed problem with weapon sheathing on Linux
- Tweaked jump animation
- Improved camera rotation at level start
- Fixed level editor decal-only or object-only selection
- Improved performance and accuracy of decal projection
- Fixed problem with splitscreen mode persisting in editor mode
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.
Latest tweets from @wolfire
13hours 42mins ago
@BrianNumberOne Sarcasm is TOTALLY the most effective way. I couldn't POSSIBLY imagine a better way to make a point.
13hours 56mins ago
May 22 2013, 2:35pm
@ethn_ I'm planning to get to that eventually -- I have to focus on Overgrowth for now though.
May 22 2013, 2:32pm
@PompiPompi Games sell much fewer copies on XBLIG than on XBLA; it's not really a viable platform from what I've heard.
May 22 2013, 2:31pm
Looks like XBox will continue to be the only platform that prevents indies from self-publishing. Disappointing! T.co
May 22 2013, 1:57pm
Just watched the Siggraph 2013 tech papers preview; makes me feel optimistic about the future of graphics! T.co
May 22 2013, 12:58am
@crypticsea Now it has three operating systems! That's threefinity more operating systems than consoles used to have!
May 21 2013, 4:40pm
@AnimationMerc I don't think so -- that is just realistic. It would be more debatable if it's some kind of sci-fi or fantasy sports league.
May 21 2013, 4:28pm
@crypticsea Nice work!
May 17 2013, 2:25am