If you feel like promoting your favourite indie game while playing your favourite Source game. To use it: unzip the file, start your Source game, press...
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added tool to attach environment objects to character skeletons
- Added NVTX labels for GPU profiling
- Converted most immediate-mode drawing to use vertex arrays or VBOs
- Improved VBO and line-width state shadowing
- Reduced per-frame memory allocations
- Static physics AABBs are only updated as needed
- Added angelscript benchmarking functions
- Fixed performance issue with ASGetObjectIDArray
- Fixed vec3 normalization issue which could cause random crashes
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.
Latest tweets from @wolfire
"I'm going to support the hell out of you during this crisis!" *dials walkie-talkie* "Eagle to mother hen. request emergency therapy, over!"
49mins 23secs ago
That would have been a great reveal in a COD trailer. "GO GO GO" *rappels down in first-person, kicks guy inside* "NOT TODAY MOTHERF***ER!"
50mins 29secs ago
@SpunkyMcGoo That sounds cool -- is it actually good, or more of a "so bad it's good"?
53mins 22secs ago
@ELoG_Roland That would be pretty cool! I heard some buzz about a game like that (Warco), but not sure what happened to it.
54mins 46secs ago
@j3ffdr Mission accomplished!
56mins 47secs ago
Here is the Marathon recording for anyone who missed it: T.co Thanks for keeping me company to everyone who watched!
3hours 43mins ago
5hours 25mins ago
Fallout 1 is probably still my favorite RPG, up there with the Avernum series by @spiderwebsoft .
6hours 34mins ago
If anyone hasn't tried Fallout 1 and 2 yet, GOG is selling them for zero dollars today. T.co
6hours 38mins ago
@BriProv John Carmack is the Usain Bolt of programming?
7hours 31mins ago