If you feel like promoting your favourite indie game while playing your favourite Source game. To use it: unzip the file, start your Source game, press...
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI characters can be set to follow other characters
- AI investigates dead bodies
- New wolf variant with tintable colors
- Changed scale of different characters (rats are small, dogs are big)
- Player can attack unconscious characters
- Hotspots have update function, testing particle emitter volumes
- AI makes a sound when alerted or hostile
- AI transitions more slowly to 'investigate' state
- AI takes longer to notice visible enemies
- Characters keep track of what items they know about
- Automatically swap weapons to dominant hand
- More natural combat crouch stance movement
- Combat AI targets closest enemy
- AI does not roll to standing between arena rounds
- Reasonable maximum arena difficulty (no more black blobs)
- Non-rabbits cannot jump very high
- AI only runs for help from allies that they know about
- Fixed blood streaks stretching too far
- Fixed performance bottleneck when there are many weapons
- Updated vertex weights for all characters
- New weapon animations for attacking low
- More robust ledge grab/detection system
- Characters drop large weapons when grabbing edges
- More controlled AI sound detection
- Fixed "#version 130" shader compatibility issue
- Prompt if user wants to save changes to levels on quit
- Fixed "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod" shader compatibility issue
- testing dithered cascade shadow filtering
- fixed partial rendering of graphics setting screen
- fixed problems with blood decal lighting and tinting
- better control of AI character rotation
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.
Latest tweets from @wolfire
@bartwerf More complicated UI is handled using Awesomium, while more simple UI just uses Angelscript, Freetype and texture quads.
Aug 17 2014, 6:58pm
@SuperHawksman That is great to hear!
Aug 15 2014, 6:08pm
@_SHWEPP_ You can already play multiplayer and co-op on one computer with multiple controllers; not sure if we will have online though.
Aug 13 2014, 7:35pm
Aug 13 2014, 7:34pm
@SuperMinerX It comes with Overgrowth, if you have that.
Aug 10 2014, 8:07pm
@icelaglace NVIDIA Nsight is the best I’ve tried for Windows.
Aug 8 2014, 12:34am
@wind_up_toy I wrote a custom exporter in Python that outputs the animations, bones, weights, and some other data into Overgrowth formats.
Aug 6 2014, 6:04pm
@LadyOniyide I'm glad you liked the article!
Aug 5 2014, 3:56pm