If you feel like promoting your favourite indie game while playing your favourite Source game. To use it: unzip the file, start your Source game, press...
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI scripts are more optimized to support more simultaneous characters
- Ragdoll physics are more accurate and more efficient
- Moved all inverse kinematics and local physics animation from engine to script
- Improved chase AI
- No disqualification for arena overkill
- Updated weapon attachments for challenges since AI no longer grabs weapons in patrol
- Increased enemy sight distance
- Cat movement is much quieter
- Improved animation retargeting
- Changed unconscious ragdolls to be more limp
- Characters drop combat stance when enemy is unseen or otherwise not a threat
- Character loading works even if simplification fails
- Enemies are alerted by collision
- Debug keys can be toggled in settings
- Improved leg IK to handle foot orientation and hip movement
- Improved tail physics and tail collision with world geometry
- Calibrated eye morphs so they can look at precise points in space
- improved ear physics, ear collision, and idle ear rotation
- better gravity on roll animation
- new walk and sneak animations
- fixed Mac text rendering
- improved vertex bone weights for all characters
- breathing animation
- new idle behavior and weight shifting
- Added seamless cubemap toggle (to fix visible lines on some GPUs)
- Softened wolf fur normals
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.
Latest tweets from @wolfire
2hours 38mins ago
The OG Weekly Q&A stream is going live in about five minutes! T.co
8hours 28mins ago
@Banana_Canyon Usually a couple of them is enough for me to get an idea of where it is crashing. Did you see any pattern?
Jan 24 2015, 8:05pm
@ElliotCuzzillo I interpolate whatever data we have: mostly joint rotations. We handle bone deformation with standard vertex weighting.
Jan 24 2015, 4:41pm
@YareeseFoxtrot Not at this time, but we should have something cool pretty soon.
Jan 24 2015, 4:39pm
Jan 22 2015, 11:46pm
@Rodeje25 We can't do the full month, but are thinking of doing a 1-week jam at the end.
Jan 20 2015, 3:16pm
@DWDryden Looks pretty cool! I think the video could use some narration to explain who you are and what the game is about.
Jan 18 2015, 10:58pm