Take your ship, shoot, don't die and maximize your score!
MinimalShmup is a vertical shooter in which you will see a ton of enemies shooting at you.
But, what a chance, you're equiped with a high-level of technology in that ship.
Select which power you'll use:
The bomb, to suppress all the bullets ? But: No risk, no score..
The shield, protecting you for a short amount of time ?
The special: Wanna see all of your enemies dying, fired by loads of big gauge bullets? Try the special fire!
The discover scan: because you're greedy, and you know there are some things to find in the levels... Points guaranteed!
- Power Switch System, to maximize your score as you want
- Xbox 360 Pad support
- Challenge ( 'cause you will not one credit that at the first try! )
So, a small post about what's going on for MinimalShmup.
Because of the courses, I can't work as much as I want, but the game is still being improved.
Now, the game is completely working with a gamepad, I added the structure of the HUD, and I'm implementing the scoring system.
The scoring system should be like this:
- You have one normal shot that power up when you take a powerup bonus, and a special attack that you can use with you gauge counter.
- The gauge is filled by shooting on enemies and you can "stock" them. ( You can have, for example, 3 full gauges and 1 half empty ). The gauges are in fact the amount of Bomb/Special attack/Analyse you have, but you can switch between them. Imagine you have 10 gauges, you can choose to use one for a bomb or switch to you special attack and use one for it, you'll have 9 gauges after that.
- The gauges count in the scoring system, after each level, a multiplier is applied on you gauge counter and also on your lives and on the rank.
I'm also trying to optimise everything, and I'll work on the first level, so I'll be able to put a beta version here.
Stay tuned for more infos soon!
Hey hey, So, I'm still working on this. I added some gamepad support ( it's OK for an arcade stick, and pretty much working with regular xbox controller...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Feedback needed!! Feel free to report me bugs, crashes or other weird stuff happening. ( The second stage is just crap for testing the boss pattern it's...
The first level of MinimalShmup, the vertical shooter, is playable in the demo.
MinimalShmup is a vertical shoot'em up in development, for windows and linux. This is the first alpha version available to try and help improving it!
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.