• Register

Metagolf is a mini-golf game with multiple challenges. Up to 4 players can compete on the same screen, sharing the same golf ball and the same goals. Team up for loads of fun with friends or play alone to improve the accuracy of your swing across 3 different platforms (Windows, Mac Os X and Linux). More focused on action and real time strategies than a traditional mini-golf, discover full interactive environments from fish ponds to breakable chains and deadly traps. Thanks to his built-in level editor, you can create, share and download new courses. Currently available in two languages, English and French, Metagolf let you reuse any provided content or make new one from various media to create your very own world. Change the realistic physical system behaviour or combine any game mode with exiting different type of golf ball. The choice of setting your own game play preferences is entirely yours !

Forum Thread
[Linux] Impossible to start the game with gcc 4.5.3 (Games : Metagolf : Forum : Support and Bugs : [Linux] Impossible to start the game with gcc 4.5.3) Locked
Thread Options
May 28 2012 Anchor

Hello,

I'm currently interested in this game, but I wasn't able to start the demo on my linux laptop.
When I try to start the game, I receive this error:
./Metagolf: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./Metagolf)

I'm using gentoo in 64 bits.

From the error, I'm guessing that I need gcc 4.6, but this version isn't available yet on my system.

Meta.log is empty, and the error.png is only a black square. I can't provide the link directly because I'm a new user on the forum.

Do you have any solution for me to be able to play on linux? windws isn't an option for me ;)

Thanks,
kokotchY

Edited by: kokotchY

May 29 2012 Anchor

Hi KoKotchY

Thanks for reporting your issue !

I think the problem is that Metagolf only support 32 bits OS version.
I'm sorry but I absolutely can't made it available to 64 bits OS due to several reasons. Mainly because my compiler (GCC as you may guess) doesn't support it but also because I don't have any 64 Bits machine yet. Like many developers I need to wait that my programming tools get an update to support 64 bits and I'm deeply sorry about that.

Glad you try the Demo first cause there is actually nothing I can do about it and it will probably take a moment before being able to support 64 Bits OS.
Isn't it possible to run the executable in some kind of emulated 32 Bits support ?
I'm not very used to Gentoo and don't know services that could do the trick yet but 99% chance your problem is because of that specific processor :-(

Thanks,
Michaƫl

May 29 2012 Anchor

Thanks for the reply. I will try to start the demo in 32 bits, but I don't know how yet (it's quite new to me to have a 64 bit system). I will keep you posted about it.

Maybe you can specify on your website that the game isn't working yet in 64 Bit?

kokotchY

May 29 2012 Anchor

Thanks.

In fact, it is already specified on Desura thanks to the Linux icon of Tux, a penguin with a small 32 next to it.
I will try to include the information somewhere on my website ;-)

Jun 24 2012 Anchor

Little update: I make it work!
I have installed gcc-4.6.2.

Jun 28 2012 Anchor

Excellent news :D

Thanks for reporting this :)
I will certainly update the doc to include this pre-requisite, it's true that gcc-4.6.2 isn't always present on Linux distro.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.