Join Galactagirl on a cosmic adventure to vanquish the evil Robot Racers and their mechanical minions! In this adrenaline-pumping action-platformer inspired by retro classics such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden you must aid Galactagirl in her quest to be the fastest in the galaxy and stop the invasion of the Galactic Homeworlds by the Robot Racers.
Galactagirl has an advanced moveset including wall jumps, target lock-ons, rail grinding, sliding and more, which allows for a variety of ways to traverse the environment and its many challenges. Move fast, react quickly, and chain your moves together to overcome obstacles, defeat enemies, and beat the levels in the quickest time!
- High speed platforming with a variety of movement abilities!
- Dastardly robotic enemies and bosses to defeat!
- Tons of explosions and particles and... explosions!
- Gorgeous retro-styled art and graphics!
- Options including windowed mode, volume control and a retro CRT shader!
First off I just want to thank everyone for taking the time to check out and download Galactagirl! The respone has been awesome and the feedback provided so far has been very helpful in making this the best game that I can. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the poor experience provided by v0.12. It has a number of a collision issues and crashes that can break the game and this leads to an overall poor experience for the player. But, I have been hard at work listening to feedback and implementing new systems in hopes of alleviating these isses! So without further ado, v0.13 is here! Here is the changelist for the update:
- New collision checking system for exiting target lock and loop states
- Fixes for crashes/hangs caused by particle generation
- Fixed hoverboard section and impossible spawning bugs
- Updated boss behaviour
- Changed Galactagirl damage values/balancing
- Optimizations for texture/background/music loading
- Added analog stick support for gamepads
- Fixed infinitely respawning enemies in tutorial area
- Adjusted sound fx, new hub level music
- Fixed invisible player bug on exiting levels
- Can no longer take the hoverboard with you when you exit Stage 4
After extensive playtesting this seems to be a pretty solid fix for those experiencing game-breaking issues. Hope this improves the game experience for everyone and make sure to keep that feedback coming! I ain't going anywhere and neither is Galactagirl ;)
As usual, you can stay tuned at any of my channels for updates on the demo and the full release!
Cosmic Crystal Games
Today's update includes a number of bugfixes and quality improvements.
Galactagirl: a high-speed, NES-inspired action platformer! Alpha demo and trailer now available!
A quick update on the dev progress of Galactagirl (with GIFs!)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Galactagirl is a high-speed, NES-inspired action-platformer! This is the official alpha demo with four levels and a boss stage!
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.