• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Umea (174 + 0) (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Undiscovered Door - Maps & Cartography : Umea (174 + 0)) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 6 2013 Anchor

Umea 174 Land, 0 Sea

Download here - Fullsize Image

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

These are some very nice looking maps, but why no sea provinces? You've got a big lake right in the middle there! Might as well use it for something.

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

Beautiful map!

As mentioned, plop in a few sea provinces for good measure. But top stuff all the same!

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

The only reason I haven't made any sea provinces is because, frankly I just don't know how to handle them. Still super new to dominions. It seems most maps have only a few sea provinces and they all seem to be larger than land ones, but I haven't quite figured out why that is. Certainly not opposed to them, just not sure how to place them or how many there should be.

I did make each of the minor lakes into river crossings though.

Nov 7 2013 Anchor

A sea province should be about twice the size of a regular one, with #saildist 1. You can make them the same size as land one, and use #saildist 2.

Don't forget that not only UW nation need sea province, but some land nation need them too, either for coastal recruit (Berytos and LA Marignon), or for sailing (the same two, plus Vanheim, LA Atlantis, and some others)

Nov 9 2013 Anchor

I like no sea province maps. Going underwater is a pain. Sailing and water magic do get hurt on such maps but if you pick your nations, they are more fun than maps with loads of water imo.

Nov 9 2013 Anchor

If you don't want water nations you can still have a few seas for variety and for the benefit of coastal nations, just set all the seas to #nostart (or just don't use any water nations).

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.